Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The topic of why vintage jackets are so short comes up often and the typical excuse is the rise of the pants worn at the time. I did a little looking into it and the average height of US males in 1940 was 5'7". So from what I can tell the jackets are short by today's standard because the average height was some 2-3" shorter than the average height today. It's not pants...it's evolution.

From what I recall it was more specifically Depression era malnutrition for the short 40s/50s heights.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sleeves are 24"

I've found that with the wide, almost drop shoulder on Cal jackets, the sleeve length number isn't as long for the same arm length.

What got me (after I got a Cal I really loved) was that it was too short for my torso.

KBlake

One Too Many
I've found that with the wide, almost drop shoulder on Cal jackets, the sleeve length number isn't as long for the same arm length.

What got me (after I got a Cal I really loved) was that it was too short for my torso.
Yes I’ve found it’s very hard to get a good fit with these. I found one that fit great but it was so thick and stiff that it just wasn’t practical. I want a straight zip cal that fits right and has a soft hide.

KBlake

One Too Many
Lost Worlds Small
$437 OBO
IMG_4617.jpeg
IMG_4618.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters