Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You are not helping me. At all lol. I hope to stay ignorant of the Japanese sites. I’m doing well in maintaining a status quo, both in my closet and bank account.
For close to 680 bucks after discount, I'd not say that one is a real bargain. That version has unimpressive soft light weight hide.

For close to 680 bucks after discount, I'd not say that one is a real bargain. That version has unimpressive soft light weight hide.

I like the RW Herc more than the CSC Herc. Yes, lighter weight hide but imo impressive. Mine is really nice; enough that I got rid of the CSC. And you know I prefer heavy hides.

cbez

One Too Many
That Buyee Yahoo Japan 20% off coupon has been burning a hole in my pocket. Been busy today looking to buy something I don't need.
I did some digging and it will only apply to auctions. not to the new buy only listings or yahoo shopping. I am not sure if it applies to combined bid/BIN auctions if you buy it out.

looks like this was wrong

Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the RW Herc more than the CSC Herc. Yes, lighter weight hide but imo impressive. Mine is really nice; enough that I got rid of the CSC. And you know I prefer heavy hides.
I am not into heavy hide but these are so soft that it does not have the crease and grain which I like.

cbez

One Too Many
Four Speed 38, 40 (same 1-man shop that makes Iron Heart’s leather jackets)

while these are cool jackets, four speed does a lot of 'supervised by' collabs including iron heart. My understanding is there are certain labels he makes and some that are made by his employees. The supervised by could be employee made or just quality controlled by them and produced by a 3rd party.

jeo

One Too Many
I did some digging and it will only apply to auctions. not to the new buy only listings or yahoo shopping. I am not sure if it applies to combined bid/BIN auctions if you buy it out.

IMG_5534.jpeg

Yes only for Yahoo Auction items under the categories above ^

To me this reads that for auctions they’ll apply it to your first bid only and you have to reapply the coupon each time you put a bid in, but I could be wrong.

The discount limit for these coupons is only up to ~$340. Nice but I’ve seen these 20% coupons that don’t have any limit too.

The 20% and weak Yen was just too good to pass up so I just bought something. The 20% coupon worked. It was an “auction” but with a buyout option only.

IMG_5533.jpeg

cbez

One Too Many
chat may have given me poor info then. looks like it should work. I found some complaints from people who couldn't complete those transactions but it might be working now.

I am not into heavy hide but these are so soft that it does not have the crease and grain which I like.

I’ll post better pics of the grain and wear. Definitely no creases like most of my other gear. I hear you. It’s a nice change from what I normally wear.

cbez

One Too Many

thought this was pretty cool. y2 20th anniversary ponyhide 36.

cbez

One Too Many

lost worlds a-1 40 quite cool

old langlitz...looks cool but the measurements make no sense to me at all

cbez

One Too Many

another fidelity CR 36 . looks to be in really good condition for the age. thoughts on production date?

leather is interesting... surprised no real creasing on the sleeves to speak of.

montgomery ward that's been chopped up a bit

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters