Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Jumper

A-List Customer
Would hit BIN this second if it wasn't in the States.
Fifty bucks, with an offer. ??? I don't know why these HGs go cheap so often. Really no idea. Lotta jacket there. This is probably the lowest I've ever seen, though, and it looks mint.

Fifty bucks, with an offer. ??? I don't know why these HGs go cheap so often. Really no idea. Lotta jacket there. This is probably the lowest I've ever seen, though, and it looks mint.

Don't have a clue myself. I love HG jackets. They're always very good and some of the designs are awesome.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Agreed, these are great value vs quality. However, one must emphasize "some" of the designs are awesome. I scratch my head at a lot of them thinking wtf / why / who designed this! hah. I did just nab a nice vintage pair of HG riding pants / they made for Kawasaki, rough shape / some cracking but worth the $50.

Jumper

A-List Customer
Agreed, these are great value vs quality. However, one must emphasize "some" of the designs are awesome. I scratch my head at a lot of them thinking wtf / why / who designed this! hah. I did just nab a nice vintage pair of HG riding pants / they made for Kawasaki, rough shape / some cracking but worth the $50.
To each his/her own. Speaking for myself, most HG designs aren't ones I could pull off, but each one would look great on somebody. Mostly, though, I wonder about why a jacket of that quality, regardless of design, would go for so little so often. Well, I'd better shut up about it before I drive up the going rate. They're one of a shrinking number of bargains. Keep an eye out and enjoy the deal that comes.

Bennarion

One Too Many
IMG_20200605_060010.jpg

https://www.ebay.de/itm/303587352027

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Not my size. Just wondering, will such heavy wrinkles go out when wearing? https://www.ebay.nl/itm/363011254019

Not entirely. Difficult to say to what extent the creases will relax at all. These heavy wrinkles happen in the vintage clothing industry at the tonnage level. Clothes are preselected by category, stuffed to capacity into large plastic bags, stored or shipped somewhere, then removed from the bag by a next level dealer.
His customers are more selective dealers, they'll either buy such bags, sort them and leave behind what they don't want or buy selectively. Not always exactly like this, but you get the idea - it gets more selective from one dealer to the next.

The wrinkles depend on how lucky or unlucky the jacket was while being stuffed into those bags and how long it was kept there. I think the leather does relax a bit, but from the point when the final direct-to-consumer dealer shoots the jacket I don't think the leather will relax much further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points