Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

This red Cal, though...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Jacket-Motorcycle-Racing-Jacket-USA-42-Red-Racing-Jacket-Leather/184336787813

s-l1600.jpg

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Saw this Golden Bear motorcycle jacket today. It's on the smaller side. $60 +$20* S&H, OBO. Zipper needs some work and the leather appears to have some dye fading.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274359296263

Thinking about it for myself, but I'm not sure I like how the leather is now a mix of brown and black.

*Correction, $20 shipping.

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Saw this Golden Bear motorcycle jacket today. It's on the smaller side. $60 +$10 S&H, OBO. Zipper needs some work and the leather appears to have some dye fading.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274359296263

Thinking about it for myself, but I'm not sure I like how the leather is now a mix of brown and black.

Nice True Vintage with cool zippers (hopefully that male/pin side of the main can be rescued) at a very reasonable price---at least--its reasonable right now. That brown does kinda render it less cool..... but for the price its worth thinking about IMO.

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Nice True Vintage with cool zippers (hopefully that male/pin side of the main can be rescued) at a very reasonable price---at least--its reasonable right now. That brown does kinda render it less cool..... but for the price its worth thinking about IMO.

Since I have never worn a jacket with a motorcycle style before, do you know where the length would need to hit? I reached out to the seller for more measurements, and I'm slightly worried about the full length of 26 inches being too long. Could it look sloppy if the jacket is hitting the hips or slightly past that? I may need something like a 38 to really get that cropped look.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
The proportions look pretty standard for an MC jacket, though I'm no expert. I suppose the p to p is the most critical measurement as far as fit. Cant go wrong at that price, even with a zipper replacement.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Since I have never worn a jacket with a motorcycle style before, do you know where the length would need to hit? I reached out to the seller for more measurements, and I'm slightly worried about the full length of 26 inches being too long. Could it look sloppy if the jacket is hitting the hips or slightly past that? I may need something like a 38 to really get that cropped look.

Jonesy makes a solid point. Certain measurements are really key. Don't discount the measurements.

How tall are you and where would you prefer to jacket bottom to fall?? Some prefer slightly longer or shorter. I tend to like the 26" length for my torso. I am 6'0" but I believe I have a slightly longer torso and shorter legs. I also wear my pants a bit lower and I don't want to have a gap between my jacket bottom and the top of my pants.

I'd seek multiple opinions here in the Lounge on this as indeed there are--MULTIPLE opinions/tastes.

It depends on your build and preferences and the look you are trying to achieve. Also, remember that older garments run smaller so going a size down may not work out for the overall fit. Moto styles in general are made for riding and their fit as a casual garment may not be ideal compared to a non Moto style of garment. For example Motos tend to run short with longer sleeves and are meant to fit snug to reduce wind drag. This can result in an awkward feeling fit when compared to a jacket not made for leaning forward arms outstretched going speeding down a roadway for long periods of time.

Also, compare the stated length of this jacket to the length of jackets you currently own. The measurements are the key to buying without being able to try something on. We all have HITS AND MISSES even with the best estimates.

Just my 2 cents here. Others will have their own interesting opinions and rationales. You've put the question out to the Masses!!!!! Let's see what the boys think!!!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto