Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Seldom poster here (and owner of few jackets), but I'm curious on your opinions.

Would you say the price of Wested's Memphis Belle A2 Jackets is a good deal for someones first A2?
https://www.wested.com/memphis-belle-a2-flight-jacket-26-p.asp

Does anyone own one of these jackets? How's the quality?

I don’t own any Wested jackets but people say they’re very good quality for the price.

I’ve seen a lot of folks going for their Captain America or Indy jackets not sure about cut etc on their other options.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Made for Levi by Aero Leather of Scotland

I think that alone gives it some Value. Quite a Feather in their Cap to build jackets for Levi. Ken told me Levi made some of their jackets in house and others were made in the Bay Area of California. Good company to be in line with. Aero has done some very interesting jackets, Ken has a keen understanding of the original Levi jackets. I would assume he has used an original in his re-creation. It fit and felt like a vintage jacket.

Even the cosmetic work is well done.

I know he used a jacket like this to Create the Aero Speedway. He identified my jacket as a Levi jacket. It has no label. Ken identified the construction details.

View attachment 259384 View attachment 259385
Superb design!

Somebody get this. Like, right now. My birthday is coming up soon, too!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-BATES-leather-Motorcycle-Jacket-Sz42/114297055762

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Leather-Bikers-Jacet/124331507596

I like the look of this other one the seller has listed, despite it being in pretty messy condition inside. That one piece back! Any idea what the brand is? Seems to have the letters "PIEGEL" in it.

s-l1600.jpg

Spiegel. Started off as mail catalogues but I believe in the 40s & 50s was a department store chain. Not as big as Sears or Penney’s but same general idea. I’ve seen some really nice jackets with different Spiegel labels. I bet @tmitchell59 and/or the other TFL historians can provide more input.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Spiegel. Started off as mail catalogues but I believe in the 40s & 50s was a department store chain. Not as big as Sears or Penney’s but same general idea. I’ve seen some really nice jackets with different Spiegel labels. I bet @tmitchell59 and/or the other TFL historians can provide more input.

I don't know any other details about Spiegel. I see very few leather jackets with this label.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

Kubatu

A-List Customer
^^
Looks like horse. I hit BIN on that one - a re-line project, but the leather looks awesome. The seller says medium; if it does not fit I'll be happy to catch and release to TFL. I love these old jackets...

PS - A guy on Etsy wants $795 for his destroyed Spiegel in brown, so I might have gotten a decent deal, lol...

Please let me know if it doesn't fit, I would be interested in rehoming it! I was away from my computer and phone, and when I got back, it had sold. Glad to see it went to a TFL member though. I asked the seller for measurements and he said that the shoulder to shoulder was 17.5, and the chest was 20.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
@Kubatu - you got it. I owe you for the heads up on this, so if for any reason I have to pass it on, you are first in line. I will sell at my cost. The shoulders measurement looks perfect for me, but the chest may be a little tight at 20". I will let you know by PM when I receive and have a chance to put it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk