Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Bahabp100

Practically Family
10 pounds of police jacket
31F4087F-72F9-4FAA-8533-40C2344946D1.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373239913538

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Five Star is worth a shot too. If you know your measurements, they will build to your spec for about $250-350. You just need a good jacket for reference so you can give them the exact measurements for the sleeves, shoulders, etc. They're more military style but recently a lot of members have designed classic and moto sytle.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hello everyone. Am new to the forum. This is a wonderful thread. Apologies if not the appropriate place to ask, but I am a big guy and spend a lot of time looking, but it's not often I find something to fit my 54" chest. Any pointers on specific threads to monitor? If not, please keep an eye out for us "big guys" and post any findings here.

Welcome to FL - best to start a new thread. There are a few larger folks here but 38-46 ranges are more typical...

I did not let it go! As you said, a bit pricey, but what a patina! Size should be mine. I'll post some pictures when it arrives. Thanks!

I think you made a right call. People pay major money for jackets that try to emulate this look artificially and best part is that this jacket isn't even worn out, it has just faded beautifully like that while clearly not being worn all that much. Hoping to see more of this jacket when it arrives. :)

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Ooh nice. There was a similar one in the US couple weeks back but was too small for me. Was an outrageous brown I've never seen before. I do have a Lesco racer arriving maybe tomorrow or Thursday that was a mistake (long story). But if it fits I might keep it. Tagged a 48 but measurements are like a 40-42. I've heard so much about the Lesco brown.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
On another note, how does Brimaco stack up in the hierarchy of standards? Some nice styles.

And coming across a lot of Kehoes lately too. I love the front, but don't like the longer biswing cut in the back.

On another note, how does Brimaco stack up in the hierarchy of standards? Some nice styles.

And coming across a lot of Kehoes lately too. I love the front, but don't like the longer biswing cut in the back.

Unless it’s their 4-pocket CR, I wouldn’t go for a Brimaco. Hit or miss. They do make jackets in interesting colors.

If I were you, I’d hunt for one of the following CRs— Cal, Bates, and Harley white label Sportster. I still need a vintage Bates. I also prefer the back designs of these jackets over say, a Brooks or Kehoe (though I wouldn’t kick either outta bed).

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Unless it’s their 4-pocket CR, I wouldn’t go for a Brimaco. Hit or miss. They do make jackets in interesting colors.

If I were you, I’d hunt for one of the following CRs— Cal, Bates, and Harley white label Sportster. I still need a vintage Bates. I also prefer the back designs of these jackets over say, a Brooks or Kehoe (though I wouldn’t kick either outta bed).
yep, thanks for this. Pretty much confirmed what I thought. I was going to buy the Sportster, I think from you over the summer, but those poofy sleeves had me worried. There's one for sale on classifieds, but still gun shy about the sleeves.

Got the Brooks gold label in mustard/caramel. The elastic was shot so my tailor took in some material and stitched up a little bit of the bottom part of the biswing. Looks much cleaner now. I don't like how he did the stitching though as he did a side stitch to hold it all together. Little detail most people won't even notice. But was only $100 jacket so it's all good.

Yeah, hopefully the lesco I got will fill this last need of a brown racer and then I'm good. Otherwise yeah, been hitting the same searches you have with Cal. I'll check out Bates. Once the virus lightens up a little, I might go into the Cal shop and see how their new stuff is. Might just have them make me a new racer in brown if their new builds are up to the same standard as the old stuff.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
. I was going to buy the Sportster, I think from you over the summer, but those poofy sleeves had me worried. There's one for sale on classifieds, but still gun shy about the sleeves.
I don't think the poofy sleeves are that much of an issue. They give the jacket a distinctive look. I think I actually like them the way they are.
2D9D029F-4F06-4A81-9165-15896E278273.jpeg

One of my best fitting jackets.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
yeah, I remember you were nice enough to give me a bunch of info. Someone ended up beating me to punch and bought it before I had a chance to finalize, but was thinking about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran