Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Add about $100 to the Japanese price (depends on shipping weight, but heavy jacket about $65 to get to USA). You have to pay double shipping (shipping to facility, shipping to you) and some fees.

air

One of the Regulars
Because if Im figuring this correctly its just under 200 bucks which seems great and Im on it, but if theres a ton of taxes/import and/or shipping thats going to sneak up and jack the price up Im nervous haha. Total noob when it comes to the Japanese/Asian sales pages. Sorry if being annoying.

From what I gather (never used it either), the easiest way is to buy through a middleman like buyee, there is always a big banner at the top of the page that says

Overseas Customers - Click here to buy from overseas

It will bring you to buyee's site that is in English, the item description is still in japanese. In my case (EU), the price including taxes at buyee seems to include VAT. To figure out shipping costs look at the right of the page, just above Win now for buyout price, there is a link called Total Estimate that let's you put in the weight and see shipping options

For those that want to search japanese sites:
horsehide - 馬革
jacket - ジャケット
double riders (they use this for cross zips)- ダブルライダース

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Why are these jackets always a 42 ?!? :mad:
You looking for the Cal style CHP? I might have one that's tight on me. I'll let you know a couple days if the new one I just got is bigger, then I can sell the smaller one. I'm 42 inch chest and 33 pant size and it's on the edge of barely being able to be zipped up with laces fully let out. So is probably closer to a 38-40 size, even though I think it's tagged a 42, but you know, vintage sizing.

Kubatu

A-List Customer
thanks. Just never have used it at all. So Im not sure how shipping and taxes would work.

I used zenmarket, some other people here use buyee.jp. The process for me was very simple. I put money into the account via paypal, then bought an item that had a buyout / BIN option. It shipped from the seller to the proxy warehouse, then after a short wait, shipped to my address. The shipping price does drive up the price a bit. Here's what I was charged for buying a jacket that was ~$58:

ZenMarket insurance for package -¥14
Payment for international shipping -¥4,728
Payment for shipping within Japan -¥550
Payment for the auction -¥590
ZenMarket commission -¥100
Payment for the auction -¥5,900

So the total cost of everything else was actually more than the cost of the jacket. However, the jacket itself was cheap, and I was expecting the shipping fees to be that much anyway. Most sites have a shipping cost estimate calculator that is generally accurate. For a jacket that is $200, I would expect to pay around $300. There's a good chance it is somewhat less than that $300 exactly, but I would just assume it would be a higher figure just to make sure there are no surprises that don't fit into a budget, etc. One downside is that I ended up putting too much into the account, and now I have $10 left in the zenmarket balance. I don't think I can take it out. I will probably use their service again and be more precise, but it is something to keep in mind.

@handymike not what you're looking for, but might be your size

horsehide harley davidson, 20 p2p (tagged L, but it's japanese sizing) 290$ bin
i-img900x1200-16089641801vztwb1946601.jpg

indian motorcycle, horsehide, 20.5 ptp, tagged 36, 184$ bin
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c875310512
i-img900x1200-1607929026geqllt16988.jpg
Thanks @air these aren’t quite my style, but they are really nice looking.

You looking for the Cal style CHP? I might have one that's tight on me. I'll let you know a couple days if the new one I just got is bigger, then I can sell the smaller one. I'm 42 inch chest and 33 pant size and it's on the edge of barely being able to be zipped up with laces fully let out. So is probably closer to a 38-40 size, even though I think it's tagged a 42, but you know, vintage sizing.
No, I really want a Bates in a size 40.

dannyk

One Too Many
Thank you everyone for the info and tips. Super helpful and exactly why I love this group so much. Nothing but help no condescension or trash. One last question does anyone know where the weight is listed? Trying to figure out total cost now.

Reactions: air

air

One of the Regulars
Thank you everyone for the info and tips. Super helpful and exactly why I love this group so much. Nothing but help no condescension or trash. One last question does anyone know where the weight is listed? Trying to figure out total cost now.
As far as I know they do not usually list it, though you can try pasting the description into google translate as a last resort.

If you are looking for and indian, there is also this more expensive one, in a 36
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c875084760
i-img1000x833-1608713278ntczgf1393334.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
As far as I know they do not usually list it, though you can try pasting the description into google translate as a last resort.

If you are looking for and indian, there is also this more expensive one, in a 36
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c875084760
i-img1000x833-1608713278ntczgf1393334.jpg
Thanks. Yeah it just has an option for total estimate but it wants the weight and I can’t go forward without it. But again thank you, and everyone else this is the first time I’ve really explored this market. eBay, grailed, Facebook marketplace I’m good with. Here not so much ha

Kubatu

A-List Customer

They don't usually list it, just gotta estimate unfortunately.

dannyk

One Too Many
They don't usually list it, just gotta estimate unfortunately.
Any idea about what this would weigh in grams? So I could have an idea. Used to weighing jackets in pounds. I feel so out of touch. I’m 34 and grew up with tech and buying things across the globe and now I feel like a grumpy out of touch old man. I’m turning into my father haha.

air

One of the Regulars
Any idea about what this would weigh in grams? So I could have an idea. Used to weighing jackets in pounds. I feel so out of touch. I’m 34 and grew up with tech and buying things across the globe and now I feel like a grumpy out of touch old man. I’m turning into my father haha.
Dividing the weight in pounds by two should give you a safe estimate, since 1 lbs = 0.45 kg or 1 kg = 2.20 lbs

air

One of the Regulars
That cream colored one is fantastic! Too bad they are all for the ladies :(.
My bad :oops:
to avoid spamming the thread any more, here is the link to my search for bates jacket

bates jacket: bates ジャケット

auctions + buy it now - https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?p=bates+ジャケット&va=bates+ジャケット&fixed=3&exflg=1&b=1&n=100

auction only - https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?p=bates+ジャケット&va=bates+ジャケット&fixed=2&exflg=1&b=1&n=100

buy it now only - https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?p=bates+ジャケット&va=bates+ジャケット&fixed=1&exflg=1&b=1&n=100

there is a cream colored coat
21.5 side to side witdth ,17.5 shoulders, 407$ bin
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m166395262
sunnyman0315425-img600x450-14659757198xwxg230226.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner