Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

I could certainly be an outlier but I have 2 Schott CRs that are MUCH smaller than tagged at least in the way they fit (measurements may tell a different tale somewhat) and one modern one that fits well as a tagged 42. I'll take it out and throw it on to refresh my memory on it but I went to a Laker game 2 years ago and it was windy as hell that night in L.A.. I could barely zip my CR and I was thinner at that time too. I know there was a pattern update at some point with Schott but not knowing exactly when it was just clouds the situation more.

Now you have me wondering about this...... I am going to review the measurements on my Schott CRs. I wouldn't have commented had I not thought the sizing was strange. I mean, its the only vintage 48 that I have that I consider a decent fitting jacket and its actually on the snug side. I'd do fit pics but considering my holiday weight gain, I don't want to have to feel any worse than I already do......;):oops:

I'm surprised to hear this as well. :) Considering our jackets seem to be from around the same era, I wonder why's there such discrepancy in the sizing. @Marc mndt can confirm this regarding the jacket that I have, as he was its previous owner and wearing a size 42 in jackets - if I remember this correctly - found it a bit too roomy.

air

One of the Regulars
Schott perfecto + unknown brand leather coat and vest all for 150€
pictures are small and no sizes are provided, still worth messaging him if you're interested
https://www.leboncoin.fr/vetements/1895366067.htm
e46e781571e1eb94645e399ee0e6f5de389ba12c.jpg

058008bf82aaa3da8cc44dce663bbdad28f51408.jpg

bb1112115527e29f7b14d6d2c3ffb066a9496c3a.jpg

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt can confirm this regarding the jacket that I have, as he was its previous owner and wearing a size 42 in jackets - if I remember this correctly - found it a bit too roomy.
I have a 43' chest. Left is a HD Sportster unknown size, right the Schott size 44. Both have a ptp of 22.
1A05FE08-D669-4677-BB54-E1B10771A361.jpeg

The Schott is roomier in the waist and has more front drop. It also features gussets unlike the HD.

Even though ptp is the same, the Schott feels much roomier.

I have a 43' chest. Left is a HD Sportster unknown size, right the Schott size 44. Both have a ptp of 22.
View attachment 300419
The Schott is roomier in the waist and has more front drop. It also features gussets unlike the HD.

Even though ptp is the same, the Schott feels much roomier.

I need to measure my Sportster but it’s tagged 44. I bet the P2P is larger than 22”.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
no need to ship from japan, @John D Maccarter has the same branded chp also in size 40 for sale in the classifieds
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/cal-42r-straight-branded-garments-40.102570/
I have/had one for sale too. I think I'm going to keep it because getting less than $200 for it seems silly and would rather keep it for the apocalypse in case I need to stop bullets LOL. But if someone really really wants it, let me know. Gosh knows I need to start clearing out the closet. Mine is a size 42 if i remember and fits about that, maybe a little bit smaller. I've got the laces fully cinched but the chest and shoulders feel perfect.

Reactions: air

undakovr

New in Town
Saw this jacket on Ebay couple weeks ago and it's sold now. It was listed as a Tenjin Works Horsehide Leather Jacket but label was removed by previous owner. Does anyone know if Tenjin made jacket with this design?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 513
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 507
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 614

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Saw this jacket on Ebay couple weeks ago and it's sold now. It was listed as a Tenjin Works Horsehide Leather Jacket but label was removed by previous owner. Does anyone know if Tenjin made jacket with this design?

Looks suspect to me, looks like low arm holes and the use of recycled leather for backing is probably Is not something I would expect from a Japanese maker

jeo

One Too Many
This is so clean. Too bad about the belt being cut off but it still looks cool without it. Is fountain head in the same regard as FW or RMC?

I have no idea, but from the pics I've seen they look to be extremely high quality. I think they're a brand new company. The IG accounts that I follow associated a lot with Fine Creek have been posting these jackets. That's how I found out about them. I've seen that Leathertogs inspired design and a Hercules inspired design.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 8.15.36 PM.png

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I have no idea, but from the pics I've seen they look to be extremely high quality. I think they're a brand new company. The IG accounts that I follow associated a lot with Fine Creek have been posting these jackets. That's how I found out about them. I've seen that Leathertogs inspired design and a Hercules inspired design.

View attachment 300439

That is a lovely looking jacket, the leather is super grainy and has loads of character.

rocki

New in Town
I’ve been on the hunt for a brown cafe in the 44-46 range, that Schott might be worth a shot if it can be grabbed reasonably

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider