Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
This is a 44. It had a ptp of 22'. With my 43' chest you'd expect it to tight. But it actually was a bit roomy, due to the gussets. View attachment 300300
to add to this, the 42 and 44 have same ptp but 44 has wider shoulder and waist (and I'm guessing sleeve length). At the time I bought mine, there was a 44 avail and I compared the two and also consulted with Marc.

Marc and I are very similar size, and here's my fit with the 42. Again though, Marc's jacket is most likely Beck, but we're pretty sure it's essentially the same design.

ltpO2g9.jpg

10 Vansons, 10 LW, it appears i have a two problems...

LT/A
LT/B
J-23
J-24
Speed Demon
CHP
B-2

Incoming used:
Evergreen Moosehide Peacoat
Dual Tone nightrider J-23 (black/white)

On order, should start when they open again in february:
Dual tone Trojan (navy/black)

And i can think of at least another one or two i would like to get before LW is no more...

What’s this about a J23 Nightrider?

Edit: Just saw it. In my excitement I stopped scrolling. Wow!!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
What’s this about a J23 Nightrider?

Edit: Just saw it. In my excitement I stopped scrolling. Wow!!

Lol, i figured...
I took the liberty of calling it "night rider" in reference to the black/white Trojan models that had that name.
I asked Stuart and he said Buco never actually had a black/white version, this jacket was ordered like that by someone but wasn't inspired by a real vintage jacket.

dannyk

One Too Many
Lol, i figured...
I took the liberty of calling it "night rider" in reference to the black/white Trojan models that had that name.
I asked Stuart and he said Buco never actually had a black/white version, this jacket was ordered like that by someone but wasn't inspired by a real vintage jacket.
Wow! Might be the best jacket I’ve ever seen. Black/White may never have been a Buco but plenty of awesome two tones black/white from that era and fits right in. So pretty. How’d you find it?

Lol, i figured...

Its beautiful. Two-tone jackets really do it for me.

You keep this up and Stuart is going to ask for your hand in marriage. Amazing. That Trojan will be killer too. I’m really psyched for that one.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Schott CR Brown 44

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-sc...-/124524446439?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

View attachment 300285

I know a few of you own, or have owned, this jacket. Any idea as to what to expect for its measurements? Thanks.

If the label is true vintage and not a recent repro---and to my eye it is true vintage---then I would expect this jacket to run really small. I always believed this label was one of the older Perfecto Labels. I have this jacket with the Schott crest label which I believe is actually a more recent vintage than this one. Mine is a tagged size 48 and I can either barely zip it or cannot zip it at all. I am NOT a size 48. Probably more in the 42-44 range but with Vintage jackets, I try for 46 and generally have the best luck at that size. A 48 that is spot on and a bit snug suggests these run small.

That said, I also have a newer version of this same jacket and its a size 42 that fits great.

Bottom line: GET MEASUREMENTS

If the label is true vintage and not a recent repro---and to my eye it is true vintage---then I would expect this jacket to run really small. I always believed this label was one of the older Perfecto Labels. I have this jacket with the Schott crest label which I believe is actually a more recent vintage than this one. Mine is a tagged size 48 and I can either barely zip it or cannot zip it at all. I am NOT a size 48. Probably more in the 42-44 range but with Vintage jackets, I try for 46 and generally have the best luck at that size. A 48 that is spot on and a bit snug suggests these run small.

That said, I also have a newer version of this same jacket and its a size 42 that fits great.

Bottom line: GET MEASUREMENTS

Huh, odd your jacket is like that because now that I finally have one, that's definitely not my experience with this style. One that I got is a 44 and that's precisely how it fits me. I don't think it's a later model, the Talon main is exactly the same and so are all the other details. It's a proper 44, though, not vanity sized like Vanson jackets but I wouldn't even go as far as to say the jacket's closer to 42.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Might be the best jacket I’ve ever seen. Black/White may never have been a Buco but plenty of awesome two tones black/white from that era and fits right in. So pretty. How’d you find it?

When think_zot was selling his Peacoat i asked him if there was anything else he was planning on selling that wasn't listed yet...
I saw it and instantly knew. I think dual tone is my new thing, got Cordo/black Johnson from Tony, this black/white one and the navy/black Trojan on the way.

When think_zot was selling his Peacoat i asked him if there was anything else he was planning on selling that wasn't listed yet...
I saw it and instantly knew. I think dual tone is my new thing, got Cordo/black Johnson from Tony, this black/white one and the navy/black Trojan on the way.

@think_zot what else you got squirreled away?!? Lol. Lots of insanely cool pieces moving in and out of your insanely cool collection.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Commando X150
Commando CXL
Commando padded CXL
Black B-3
Harley Davidson Cycle king
Denver (Robin Hood style racing shirt)
Stormer (Leather Belstaff)
CHP 2
Chopper
Swedish rider/tanker

Basically Vanson are my favourite mid range maker, i am always on the lookout for anything rare/unusual they did.
If it's in my size and looks cool, odds are i will get it...

Definitely one too many Vansons there. I’d gladly help free up closet space if that Black B-3 is taking up too much room and a 40 or 42 ;)

The seller just sent me an offer of $170. I think he's eager to sell. You might get an even better deal.

Thanks. I just received the same offer. I think I’m going to let it all marinate a bit. I’m really not a CR guy and currently have too many. I may move some.

Thanks again for the heads up. Much appreciated.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Huh, odd your jacket is like that because now that I finally have one, that's definitely not my experience with this style. One that I got is a 44 and that's precisely how it fits me. I don't think it's a later model, the Talon main is exactly the same and so are all the other details. It's a proper 44, though, not vanity sized like Vanson jackets but I wouldn't even go as far as to say the jacket's closer to 42.

I could certainly be an outlier but I have 2 Schott CRs that are MUCH smaller than tagged at least in the way they fit (measurements may tell a different tale somewhat) and one modern one that fits well as a tagged 42. I'll take it out and throw it on to refresh my memory on it but I went to a Laker game 2 years ago and it was windy as hell that night in L.A.. I could barely zip my CR and I was thinner at that time too. I know there was a pattern update at some point with Schott but not knowing exactly when it was just clouds the situation more.

Now you have me wondering about this...... I am going to review the measurements on my Schott CRs. I wouldn't have commented had I not thought the sizing was strange. I mean, its the only vintage 48 that I have that I consider a decent fitting jacket and its actually on the snug side. I'd do fit pics but considering my holiday weight gain, I don't want to have to feel any worse than I already do......;):oops:

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I posted this earlier. It was on Japan Yahoo. I think I said something about being one of the earliest numbered jackets. It had a buy it now of I think $400 if I recall on Buyee, so would have been about $500 with shipping, fees and all that.

Most of the older Vansons-- C2, Enfield, Model B-- go for about $350ish and then again you need to add about $100 for all the shipping, fees, yada yada.

I got super lucky with my Enfield and got it for $250 and confirmed it was made in late 2000 (serial number 50k). So this one probably made 1984 since that's when they started numbering if I remember correctly.
@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Please excuse my double post - I actually didn't see your post as I don't follow this thread on a regular basis. If I would buy it, I would buy it through Remambo.jp in order to reduce the total amount on the shipping documents for saving VAT and duty.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Please excuse my double post - I actually didn't see your post as I don't follow this thread on a regular basis. If I would buy it, I would buy it through Remambo.jp in order to reduce the total amount on the shipping documents for saving VAT and duty.
no worries. Interesting idea. Some of the sales on buyee or really Yahoo auction have added sales tax. I think it depends on whether the transaction is being done through a store or private party. Seems to be about 10%. But I think you're talking about the additional cost to bring to you.

the first jacket I saw on there when I first joined was this beautiful Vanson Enfield in brown. Incredible marble effect. It sold for like $310. Still kick myself for not bidding higher but I was gun shy not understanding all the fees and the process, shipping, etc. and was unsure about my size as well. They used to have, I stopped tracking it, a couple of Enfield in horsehide for like $400, but they were size 38.

They have an insane amount of used Vanson. Sometimes the photos are better and will give additional info like the serial number, etc. Sometimes you just have to go on gut instinct. I've been close on more than one occasion to buying one of those older C2s.

air

One of the Regulars
Here are two nice jackets on Mercari via Buyee, coincidentally a Branded and a Vanson as well.

Branded CHP, size 40: (I really like this one, but the price is pretty high when you factor in shipping)
https://buyee.jp/mercari/item/m51026975715

m51026975715_1.jpg

Vanson Cross Zip, size 36: (This one has crazy long arms.)
https://buyee.jp/mercari/item/m943355057

m943355057_2.jpg

no need to ship from japan, @John D Maccarter has the same branded chp also in size 40 for sale in the classifieds
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/cal-42r-straight-branded-garments-40.102570/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot