Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
65a9b190b0a538ae114be915d4a16bfa.jpg

Not sure is it allowed to post a link to another forum, so just include a picture. For anyone’s interest, there’s a Legendary Black Stallion size 38 for sale at Schott forum.

The leather on this one should be super thick, but I remember saw someone saying that it’s not natural ‘one piece’ kind of horsehide, but is some ‘man-made’ horsehide by putting two layers of horsehide together, thus explains why it’s so thick.

I’ve no idea if it’s true or not, and am also expecting someone well-knowledged to give some insight.
Canvas lining not double leather, but a decent jacket if the price is right

Gamma68

One Too Many
Brooks jackets priced at $350-up are not deals. They’re nice jackets but common. One can get a nice Brooks gold label for < $200.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Brooks jackets priced at $350-up are not deals. They’re nice jackets but common. One can get a nice Brooks gold label for < $200.

Amen! There's a nice Black/White Brooks CR in my size on the bay but the seller is asking for like $800! I even wrote him a nice note offering a more appropriate price ($150) and this was his response.
" I paid 150 for it I am a leather jacket flipper It is in excellent condition "

Best offer he gave me was $700 ...crazy. JP Morgan of leather jacket flippers if he sells for that!

Gamma68

One Too Many
Amen! There's a nice Black/White Brooks CR in my size on the bay but the seller is asking for like $800! I even wrote him a nice note offering a more appropriate price ($150) and this was his response.
" I paid 150 for it I am a leather jacket flipper It is in excellent condition "

Best offer he gave me was $700 ...crazy. JP Morgan of leather jacket flippers if he sells for that!

Yes, if a seller lists an ordinary gold label Brooks for $400, then he's probably not going to accept an offer for $150. The jacket will sit, unsold, unless someone clueless or with cash to burn goes all in.

Last edited:

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
I'm amazed that harley trucker jacket has not sold, the problem with the affordable modern ones and why I won't get one is that they are are all cut too long [ though that's a matter of personal taste]. As usual too big for me.

I'm amazed that harley trucker jacket has not sold, the problem with the affordable modern ones and why I won't get one is that they are are all cut too long [ though that's a matter of personal taste]. As usual too big for me.

Yeah and it's especially amazing since the listing already had quite an exposure before I liked it here. I mean, it's got 21 people watching it which is a LOT. I wonder what are they thinking about? "Oh, just the jacket I always wanted, in a perfect condition, for an absolute steal of a price. I wonder what's going to happen if I just wait for days...".

It's a stunning jacket. 25" back & sleeves. Beautiful details, fantastic collar, a zipper, warm lining... What's there to even think about?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

The Black and White Brooks has been up for some time. I don't recall the size, I recall the price was high. It is a very good looking Brooks. I've not seen another like it. @ton312 is well versed in the Brooks. I think it is pretty cool.

Interesting to hear the Best Price is $700. I'd probably do about half of that for one in my size. There are typically a ton of Brooks out there. This one stands out. You can buy the standard Black for $150-$200. This two tone just doesn't show up.

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
Ladies Levis jacket, I put this here for it's oddity value, I never knew Levis had a factory in Australia, they did have big market here as in the 70s, depending on what state you lived in uniforms had to be worn at govt. high schools.
Nothing expensive just a grey short sleeve shirt and grey pants and levis made grey cord jeans to cater for this market.
White and cream cord levis where marketed as "Californians" and where popular with the surfers "surfies" and often worn with a golden breed Hawaiian shirt, the slang for these was silky or silky's.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Origina...32d7:g:NdkAAOSwVIBcHdOj&LH_ItemCondition=3000

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran