Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
They are the same jacket, Kurland/star sportswear was a contractor for Sportclad (JC Penney)

I DID NOT know this.........very interesting historical tid-bit............. I wonder how long Kurland/Star made Sportclads?? You Kurland's more often than Sportclads but not by that much. Sportclads are sought after and pricey while Kurlands are largely ignored and low priced.

willyto

One Too Many
I can't believe this one is still available at the price: $360

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lost-World...023886?hash=item46bdeb47ce:g:sYkAAOSwuCtf8UBv

JGfFIBu.jpg

d4xWTLG.jpg

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
I pulled the trigger on this one.
Lancers are some of my favorites and I've been long intrigued by this pattern, before identifying it was an australian model. It seems that it was manufactured by at least 3 companies, A&P (the one pictured), Mars Leathers, and another one, I forgot the name... From Melbourne.
I'll give you my review when I receive this jacket.

Best!
Yoann

Nice pick up, wrong size for me or I’d have had a punt. It did look like three letters starting with A on the label with Melbourne being where it was made... but I couldn’t make it out! Good deciphering/knowledge on your part!

I look forward to the review, it looks top quality and the full on lancer pattern is very interesting.

Last edited:

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
This one is a nice and rare Kurland D-Pocket jacket!
Needs a little loving and care!
Nice find!

Lovely, I really like the blue plaid lining too. Not very clear photos, but it looks like it may have a crown (or coats and Clark, depending on branding used) main zip judging by the teeth shape and the zip box... but apparently no puller. If the male pin is still there and functional and the zip otherwise OK it should be possible to source a puller with patience and fit it... Not my size else I might be tempted to take on this project, would be a great jacket with some work and at least it’s pretty cheap to buy to help defray the restoration costs...

edit: sadly, on zooming in on the photos, it’s clear the zip is done. The box is loose from the rest of the track plus there’s a missing tooth on the other track. So it will need a whole new zipper found and fitted. Ah well, still a lovely jacket at a good enough price to make refurb doable for someone.

Last edited:

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Don’t know if this is a find or a deal, interested in what others think. I’ve heard of Sierra as a respected maker of vintage jackets, didn’t know they we’re still going, but this is clearly fairly new/modern, maybe just a revival of an old name? But it’s USA made, looks like a solid heavy jacket and has really good zip venting front and rear for use riding and still got the snap in liner too... looks in immaculate condition. It’s not my size (it’s 44) and I hardly need another riding jacket in any case, but might be of interest to someone? And I’d be interested in the collective knowledge/wisdom on Sierra...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-LE...923525?hash=item36706556c5:g:zsoAAOSw0t9fz8Yv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner