Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Vanson Comet $250ish

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-custo...-/124586528940?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

F275113F-47EB-4D96-B6FF-0B02507F49A2.jpeg

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I found this beauty at the local consignment store. I think it qualifies as a find, because it was priced just under $200. It was one of those “no, it can’t be” moments when I saw it hung on the wall just after walking into the shop. When I verified it really was Langlitz, I thought, it is not going to fit me. I tried it on and it fit like it was made for me. Because fate had smiled at me, I knew I wasn’t leaving without buying it. At first, I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t a Columbia or black. The more I have worn it, the more I like the Cascade (do I have that right?) design and the dark brown (almost black) color. View attachment 309064 View attachment 309065
I could use some help with the zippers, though. The Talon bell zippers on the sleeves and pockets look original.
View attachment 309063
However, I am not so sure about the Lenzio main zipper.
View attachment 309062
is it original or a replacement?
Great score! Thats a lenzip zipper made in u.s.a. I've seen it on some schott jackets

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
@willyto That GREEN Winchester is a nice find (price is OK IMO...I paid more) and great colour and if you buy it I'm sure you won't regret it. Of course your style you usually wear is different which can be easily changed just for wearing this jacket. The goatskin they used on these Hipsters Reunion leather jackets is amazing, rather thick and tough hide (I have a blue one of the other style called 3rd Stone) but be careful on sizing if they made the Winchester and 3rd Stone with same measurements. If your Sunset deerskin jacket is size 38 and on the larger side this size 38 should fit you quite tight. If your Sunset is size 36 this Winchester should normally fit you perfectly. If you're not 100% sure on sizing, I would recommend to ask the seller...not sure if this is possible on this auction size. I asked Yahoo Aleado in the past and it more or less worked (one case it worked, the other one customer service didn't get response from the seller). I've been searching for

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
A new Dave Sheeley Jacket under his Sheeley Brothers label. Just saw on ebay. I know Dave has been working his magic on Jackets for his new label. He is very fond and most knowledgeable of the original Scully Bros. jackets. I believe Dave used or is going to use a rare Scully jacket I sold him as pattern. He know the jackets in and out.

We have not talked since I sold him a Scully Bros. A2. He did not say where he was with the line. Now I see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHEELEY-BR...904571?hash=item5dc333b5fb:g:59EAAOSwCWRgM~fx

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
I don't think there was a time when they were superior. They are a mixed bag when it comes to quality. I've always thought of them as lower priced readily available jacket. I would assume that their Horsehide labeled jacket were the top of their line. Very few show up. I've owned a HH cross zip and a HH sport jacket. They were made to a cost, lower grade materials all around. The fit on the Sport jacket was excellent.

Very likely there are many out there that swear by their Excelled. They typically don't bring much money, so can be a great buy I suppose.

I'll second this. Good fitting jackets, warm insulation if a quilted model, but the leather is just subpar to most anything else Ive come across. Kind of plasticy top coating that doesn't really patina well. $100 jackets imo

A new Dave Sheeley Jacket under his Sheeley Brothers label. Just saw on ebay. I know Dave has been working his magic on Jackets for his new label. He is very fond and most knowledgeable of the original Scully Bros. jackets. I believe Dave used or is going to use a rare Scully jacket I sold him as pattern. He know the jackets in and out.

We have not talked since I sold him a Scully Bros. A2. He did not say where he was with the line. Now I see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHEELEY-BR...904571?hash=item5dc333b5fb:g:59EAAOSwCWRgM~fx

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Wow!
This really deserves a try!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

What a super clean design! Definitely something I would wear! That collar is also very appealing! Love this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider