Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I got this one. My heart fluttered when I saw you post it. My mind immediately went to all the TFL snipers that would “steal” it from me. Lol. Model E are the epitome of MC jackets. This one stays in my closet.
Congrats! It is not easy to beat the TFL snipers...:)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, sometimes your only hope is that no guy your size is hunting...but I think every size (except very small and very large) has TFL hunters, always at the ready with their saved searches and compulsive flipping through the listings...lol. But at the end of the day we all get our jackets, sooner or later. Nice score.

Coriu

One Too Many
I got this one. My heart fluttered when I saw you post it. My mind immediately went to all the TFL snipers that would “steal” it from me. Lol. Model E are the epitome of MC jackets. This one stays in my closet.
You mean that if you told everyone on here how badly you wanted this jacket that they would not abstain from bidding against you? :rolleyes:

Schott 626 L $400

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schott-Per...-/224365487098?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

36EEA900-CECC-4949-9FE5-5DDE6C084479.jpeg

You mean that if you told everyone on here how badly you wanted this jacket that they would not abstain from bidding against you? :rolleyes:

I was having a bit of fun in my post, Vanson E ain’t exactly scarce or normally high priced. But I recall once or twice (at least) that folks that put up auctions in this thread have been asked to take it down. I understand the request. Not everyone would hold off just because the desire to purchase a jacket was made public by a member. Who wants the price driven up on fellow members? Anyways, I try to only put up listings with buy it now options. If it’s an auction, which I rarely do, there is an offer option.

Schambach

Practically Family
I was having a bit of fun in my post, Vanson E ain’t exactly scarce or normally high priced. But I recall once or twice (at least) that folks that put up auctions in this thread have been asked to take it down. I understand the request. Not everyone would hold off just because the desire to purchase a jacket was made public by a member. Who wants the price driven up on fellow members? Anyways, I try to only put up listings with buy it now options. If it’s an auction, which I rarely do, there is an offer option.

I came real close to bidding on that one. Glad to see someone here got a fairly nice deal.

Coriu

One Too Many

I see your point, JMax. My heart was in the right place, ie posting an auction closing shortly where there was a chance for someone on here to get a good deal. The downside of that approach is if someone on here has already bid on it. As I think about it, I will try to only post auctions with a BIN and/or for which there are no bids yet.

I see your point, JMax. My heart was in the right place, ie posting an auction closing shortly where there was a chance for someone on here to get a good deal. The downside of that approach is if someone on here has already bid on it. As I think about it, I will try to only post auctions with a BIN and/or for which there are no bids yet.

Shit, I did not intend to question your heart. You are one of the folks that keeps one of my favorite threads alive. I truly do not mind that you posted an auction. Like I said, my post was all in fun. I’ve lost out on jackets here and others have lost out on jackets because of me. We laugh about it. And I’ve no doubt that the serial eBay lurchers had already seen the Vanson Es auction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana