Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Definitely take the drive. $50? I may drive from Fort Lauderdale lol.

I messaged the guy selling it and waiting for a reply to see if it's still for sale and asked for more photos/measurements

@Jin431 you know what to do? Can't remember if you're a 36 though. 36 vintage is going to be small though.

Would it look funny if I wear it with just one arm and let the rest hang off the body. $50 for a 6 panel, padded, racer :eek::eek::eek:

That's true that might be a real 18" pit to pit which will not work at all lol
Most of the time I'm a size label 36.
20-20.5" pit to pit is my go to chest number.

If it works out then I would flip it and try to get a little dough for other wants haha

Lol, I don't think there are any rules. It's an open, free market, buy whatever you want. There are principles of course when did that ever affect anyone's good night's rest.

Power of branding. This wouldn't be picked up in Goodwill for free if it didn't have LW tag on. 29" back on some kind of MA-1 inspired abomination. I'm surprised Stu even decided to build it this way.

Schambach

Practically Family
Lol, I don't think there are any rules. It's an open, free market, buy whatever you want. There are principles of course when did that ever affect anyone's good night's rest.

Power of branding. This wouldn't be picked up in Goodwill for free if it didn't have LW tag on. 29" back on some kind of MA-1 inspired abomination. I'm surprised Stu even decided to build it this way.

From the same seller...
s-l1600.jpg

Was it one of you? Be honest @Monitor @Marc mndt

I didn’t see the 29”’back. Kevin Durant could wear it I guess. Maybe the way he took the measurements, top of collar to bottom of knits adds a couple of inches? Still long tho.

I bought it. Figured I'd go for this new 90's slob look.

Seriously tho, I don't understand why'd Stu take such a job since he will usually refuse to do anything deemed stupid, which is a good thing of course. He shot down some of my ideas which weren't even that bad but I'm cool with that, maker minding what leaves their workshop. That thing is a horror. What's with two collar buttons?

Nothing was agreed, it is apparently ok to screw each other and be sneaky to get what you want.

That pretty much sums up nowaday's life, unfortunately. More and more difficult to find people with good principles.

Are you guys serious? English is not my first language, maybe I am missing something. It happens to me sometimes.

So if I put in the time and effort and find an auction for a jacket I really want, that is at a low price, and I decide not to post it here, among normally lovable, yet rabid animals that will definitely ramp up the price, I am somehow an amoral douche? That’s a bridge too far. I contribute to this thread, have messaged many people with jackets they may be interested in, avoided bidding on jackets I am certain other people want, and have even set up searches to help a few other members. I’m pretty damn far from unprincipled.

I am still trying to wrap my head around this. Let me run through it again. I would be a dick and piss off the jacket Illuminati if I do not post an auction... after I put in the work, find a perfect J82 in my size (hint hint) that has a day left in the auction, is at a low initial ask, and has no bids because it is labeled “black leather jacket”? C’mon. No one here posts every single thing they see. And no one here would post my example above, or others like it. Not if you really want the jacket and the price is amazing.

I have some personal parameters I abide by when deciding to post or not post in the thread. That’s my call. Others have different guidelines, that’s cool too. And I guess those members that never contribute to the thread but somehow still purchase used jackets are Satan.

PS, this sort of started with my jesting about it a little while back. It was a Vanson E. Not a grail. I’ve have bought and owned Es. They are plentiful. I was bidding but had no issue with it being posted. It was an E, not a Durable or IR.

PS2, I still love you @Carlos840

Riu

Practically Family
Are you guys serious? English is not my first language, maybe I am missing something. It happens to me sometimes.

So if I put in the time and effort and find an auction for a jacket I really want, that is at a low price, and I decide not to post it here, among normally lovable, yet rabid animals that will definitely ramp up the price, I am somehow an amoral douche? That’s a bridge too far. I contribute to this thread, have messaged many people with jackets they may be interested in, avoided bidding on jackets I am certain other people want, and have even set up searches to help a few other members. I’m pretty damn far from unprincipled.

I am still trying to wrap my head around this. Let me run through it again. I would be a dick and piss off the jacket Illuminati if I do not post an auction... after I put in the work, find a perfect J82 in my size (hint hint) that has a day left in the auction, is at a low initial ask, and has no bids because it is labeled “black leather jacket”? C’mon. No one here posts every single thing they see. And no one here would post my example above, or others like it. Not if you really want the jacket and the price is amazing.

I have some personal parameters I abide by when deciding to post or not post in the thread. That’s my call. Others have different guidelines, that’s cool too. And I guess those members that never contribute to the thread but somehow still purchase used jackets are Satan.

PS, this sort of started with my jesting about it a little while back. It was a Vanson E. Not a grail. I’ve have bought and owned Es. They are plentiful. I was bidding but had no issue with it being posted. It was an E, not a Durable or IR.

Apologies @JMax, my reply was absolutely not related to you. I was literally referring to what’s going on lately, I’m going through some rough times and reading this just triggered my messed up brain.

I was obviously kidding earlier on - Tho I won't pretend losing a leather jacket I'm set on buying isn't annoying af but regardless, I won't and can't blame anyone for anything of course as it's everyone's game - But yeah, I sure as paint wouldn't post something I'm 1000% interested in into this thread because... Well, no need even explaining why! Because I want it and I don't want any of you to get it and I'm sure it's the same for everyone and that is perfectly okay.
Still, I see 10 jackets a day I find cool but either aren't my size or are too much of a choir to get, which is what I imagined this thread is about. I think we're all guided by the same principle when it comes to this thread. Or at least we are, @JMax as we seem to post in the same manner.

So all good, man. And Satan is allowed to participate in this thread as well, as far as I am concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR