Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

skybert

One of the Regulars

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for posting! I bought it.

Didn't you find out the age of your Enfield by researching the numbers on it? If you remember the numbers for different periods of time, I can get the age when it arrives.
awesome. Killer deal.

Mine is 50k and I confirmed was made oct 2000. It's not an exact science, but some rough math, figure about 2-3k jackets per year.

The numbers can get screwy with a custom or collab, but a basic OTS model should adhere to the sequential number. You can always ping Vanson to confirm 100%, but if you just want a ball park basically I estimate the "famed" 90s leather is probably 25k-50k range. The newest models have 80k, so basically do some averages, division, all the stuff you forgot from 6th grade math, and you can get a rough estimate LOL.

Walted Dyer is a brand that I find extremely easy to recommend as an all around best buy option & something I would get sooner than many other jackets by many other makers, high end or otherwise. Maybe even sooner than Vanson. Outstanding quality, excellent pattern, good looking, sturdy leather... All in all, I don't see what would make you say that buying a WD was a mistake.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144020752754

s-l1600.jpg

It's difficult for me to take Schott jackets on eBay seriously anymore as they're a 100 Euros on Vinted. And like thousands of them. You can get a brand new Schott Perfecto in any size for 180 USD practically every week.

Don't tell me that. Now I'm heading over to Vinted USA to see what is what. Ignorance has been bliss.

@Monitor is on to something. I did have to filter through many Sean John and BooHoo jackets (thank you for that) but did find this Natal rather quickly..$85

https://www.vinted.com/men/leather-jackets/26744698-leather-biker-jacket

01_0116a_3ZFokShUqFczHLZtFSGRKSyD.jpeg

I don't know what it's like on Vinted US but on Vinted France, they're dirt cheap. I don't even care to follow what's getting uploaded. I've seen horsehide ones listed at like $150 with of course sellers having no clue these jackets are worth anything. Some even mention how they paid a grand for it but have to sell it. I think they don't understand there's a market for these jackets and treat them as any jacket you paid a lot for in Zara's store but the moment you walked out, it became worthless.

Here, random pick from today...
https://www.vinted.nl/hommes/vestes-en-cuir/1064254539-blouson-en-cuir-perfecto-118j-taille-48us

And I was discussing this with Marc, it's as if French government at some point declared that every citizen of France has to be given a Schott Perfecto (or an A-2) leather jacket. There's literally more of them than I've ever seen on eBay and every day at least 20 pop up.

skybert

One of the Regulars
awesome. Killer deal.

Mine is 50k and I confirmed was made oct 2000. It's not an exact science, but some rough math, figure about 2-3k jackets per year.

The numbers can get screwy with a custom or collab, but a basic OTS model should adhere to the sequential number. You can always ping Vanson to confirm 100%, but if you just want a ball park basically I estimate the "famed" 90s leather is probably 25k-50k range. The newest models have 80k, so basically do some averages, division, all the stuff you forgot from 6th grade math, and you can get a rough estimate LOL.

Alright, thank you. I'll let you know. But I think it's the 90s leather, I can feel it in my gut :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch