Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Leigh H

Practically Family
Himel Avro size 38 - 800 euros

iQBVdjY.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Himel-Br...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0

jacketquest

Familiar Face
While it is a gorgeous jacket, IMO it is way overpriced. You can get a custom Langlitz tailor made for under $2000 in a variety of leather options, including their heavyweight cowhide which will probably be plenty heavy for most people. I don't think any custom leather option is worth paying over a 20% upcharge for, especially considering the price we already pay for these bespoke items.

I'm not a fan of the shiny leather, makes it look like cheap "pleather".

Schambach

Practically Family
It's just one of the Patrolman jackets made by AERO Scotland, from the 80s or 90s.
Probably steerhide, maybe connolly. I have the same zipper pull on my early Brando MC,
and the leather is similar.

Ah, thanks. I live in Beacon, so it’s a grail of sorts for me. Cool jacket nonetheless.

No, they’re not easy to find, and you have limited choices as far as models go, but if you find one in good condition...you’ve hit the mother lode! It’s beautiful stuff. I wish they would source some for a run of Premier Highwayman jackets.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Ive been looking for an Aero Connolly for a while but they are not easy to find.

I know that some highwayman deluxe were made of it. The early Brando, some MC and Patrolman's jackets were too, in the 80s and 90s. The connolly steerhide is heavy and grainy, and it's rose tanned, it keeps that smell, even 35 years later. I prefer heavy FQHH, but the connolly steer is really nice too, and not stiff.

DavidAp88

New in Town
That would be amazing! I would certainly jump on one of those jackets if they ever did. But in the mean time I’ll keep looking for the grail. If anyone spots a 34 leaning the wrong way don’t be shy. A Highwayman in Aero Connolly in good condition is definitely the most desirable vintage Aero out there for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran