Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Kuro

Practically Family
Does this count? Notice the zipper...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184943437334?hash=item2b0f7ce616:g:wVQAAOSwK~Ng7ki~

s-l1600.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I have these same plastic zippers on both my Vanson Swedish riders and honestly they do the job. One of the two jackets was worn a lot by the previous owner and is pretty beat up, but all zippers are still 100% ok and still have all their teeth.
In use i am never more worried about them than i am about metal zippers.
I understand the want for metal zippers, but i would not let it stop me from buying a jacket i really wanted if it had plastic zippers. At least when talking about Vanson plastic zippers...
I get that, Carlos. Can’t argue with it.
Metal has stood the test of time. We’ll have to see with plastic.
B

Would anyone here have any info on this LVC jacket? Seller thinks it's possibly an Aero but doesn't know much else. I asked what kind of leather it was and the seller said maybe goat or cow.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274864013429
View attachment 347109
I was considering this one! It is the LVC "Beat Brown" jacket, but it is NOT the Aero version. This version was made in Portugal with thinner leather (possibly cowhide) not the sheepskin that Aero used. The give away is the liner- Aero used a dark red (berry)/brown cotton plaid.
9FDFBB28-7695-4173-86E5-439C42B8015F.jpeg
This one is the blue plaid.

Last edited:

robrinay

One Too Many
Would anyone here have any info on this LVC jacket? Seller thinks it's possibly an Aero but doesn't know much else. I asked what kind of leather it was and the seller said maybe goat or cow.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274864013429
View attachment 347109
I searched for Strauss leather jacket and came up with a couple a new one for over a thousand dollars and an eBay one for 450 dollars. The latter was advertised as ‘made in Italy but differed from yours by having a two piece back.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
I was considering this one! It is the LVC "Beat Brown" jacket, but it is NOT the Aero version. This version was made in Portugal with thinner leather (possibly cowhide) not the sheepskin that Aero used. The give away is the liner- Aero used a dark red/brown cotton plaid, and this one is the blue plaid.

I bought a rare (the only?) sample of the beat brown on Aero sales page long time ago, in size "Regular" which is a 40.
It was made of capeskin, perfect, without any distressing. The lining had effectively brown color on it, not any yellow or blue. The cost was around 540 pounds. It was a perfect fit, but a perfectly...boring leather, similar to the midweight jerky horsehide of the A2 they made at this time. Pliable, but never form fitting, the kind of leather that still looks totally new 20 years later. This and the buttons instead of a zipper made me sale it quickly, for the same price I had paid.
Later I saw the distressed model sold by LVC, looking new but with sand papered edges, horrible.
I forgot this model quickly, and bought later an Eastman RW A2, made of the famous warhorse, a totally different beast.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
I was considering this one! It is the LVC "Beat Brown" jacket, but it is NOT the Aero version. This version was made in Portugal with thinner leather (possibly cowhide) not the sheepskin that Aero used. The give away is the liner- Aero used a dark red/brown cotton plaid, and this one is the blue plaid.
Thanks! I was really hoping the jacket would be an old Aero but it still seems like a good deal. I usually hate factory distressing but LVC in particular always seems to do it very well. That said, the starting bid already seems pretty close to what I'm willing to put down for it haha.

Claybertrand

One Too Many

This looks to me like it could potentially be a Seattle Woolen jacket made into a vest. This is a very loose ID on my part admittedly....... but certain elements of this jacket look like the Seattle Woolens that I have. I don't know how to tag Terry......He will probably know better......SHOUT OUT TO TERRY!!!!! What do you think of this vest?? Seattle Woolen??????

Kuro

Practically Family
This looks to me like it could potentially be a Seattle Woolen jacket made into a vest. This is a very loose ID on my part admittedly....... but certain elements of this jacket look like the Seattle Woolens that I have. I don't know how to tag Terry......He will probably know better......SHOUT OUT TO TERRY!!!!! What do you think of this vest?? Seattle Woolen??????
@tmitchell59

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
SHOUT OUT TO TERRY!!!!! What do you think of this vest?? Seattle Woolen??????

This is certainly a quality piece of leather! I would have made an offer, but just too small for me. I did not think of Seattle Woolen, but it well could be. It appears to have the wartime V pocket zipper like mine had. Not sure of the date of the Crown Zipper. I haven't compared pics.

Nice vest if you can wear it. The leather looks in great shape and fairly substantial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana