Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

alish

One of the Regulars
Californian HH with only a couple minor issues (broken zipper pull tab and missing male snap at top of main zip; lining a little dirty and rough at neck); nits look to be okay; leather is distressed but not trashed; P2P 22.5"; BIN $150 + shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274854108949?hash=item3ffe94df15:g:tccAAOSwcW9gZiez&LH_ItemCondition=3000

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 6.15.36 PM.png

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I’d love to hear more about this! How much did you buy and was it difficult to source?

I was given 3 hides about 40 sq ft ( I only need about 30-35 per JL) and it was very easy to source and delivery took 3 days from Osaka to CA. Thanks to @Canuck Panda

https://shop.hashimotoindustry.com/en/collections/sf-horse

Photos attached are WP shinki. Full veg tanned, dyed through the core, full aniline with glossy finish HH, it's got quite a soft hand compared to the other shinki I've had. They also have standard full aniline shinki/pigment finished/wax finished

Attachments

• IMG_5078.jpg
    IMG_5078.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 513
  • IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 564
  • IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 578
  • IMG_5080.jpg
    IMG_5080.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 911
  • IMG_5081.jpg
    IMG_5081.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 961

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
^^^Those Shinki WP hides looks very premium, like flawless hides. Well done! Can’t wait to see the jacket! What you got coming thread?

Al 916

One Too Many
I had a black Connoly at the time and I would have brought Mikes if it was a size 44 and a 44 Connoly HWM is smaller than a current-day size 40 HWM

Good to know about the 'down sizing' on these.
I have learnt from you guys to go with the measurements rather than the tag sizes however interesting that it was more disproportionate then - thanks

Przemek

New in Town
Hello everyone
First of all, please let me introduce myself, my name is Przemek and I'm from Poland.
I have been following the forum for two years now and now I think that I will try to participate in the life of this cool place from time to time.
I have some interesting jacket, but this time I would like to ask you for help in identifying this jacket.
I paid about $ 15 for it

Attachments

• IMG_4061.jpeg
    IMG_4061.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 778
  • IMG_4060.jpeg
    IMG_4060.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 873
  • IMG_4059.jpeg
    IMG_4059.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 899
  • IMG_4058.jpeg
    IMG_4058.jpeg
    928.4 KB · Views: 1,121

Przemek

New in Town
And one more question, I found an interesting jacket from wright & ditson biker leather jacket.
Do any of you know more about the leather used by this company? The jacket weighs about 2.25 kg so it is quite heavy but unfortunately I can't find anything about this company. What years did they produce jacket, what leathers they used and where was the production (supposedly in the US but I'm not sure.
The jacket in Poland can be bought for $ 50 but unfortunately I cannot see it personally and I do not know exactly what quality it is.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Hi Przemek
Welcome to the lounge.
Never heard of this St Christophe brand before, but since the label shows clearly it was made in France, I tried to research what I could.
It seems that the Equipements St Christophe were first specialized in manufacturing helmets, and they won several contracts with the police and the army after the 2d WW. They seem to have extended their activities to leather jackets and motorbike equipment in the 70s, before disappearing. I have no clue as to the reputation and quality of their products.

Przemek

New in Town
Cześć Przemek
Witamy w salonie.
Nigdy wcześniej nie słyszałem o tej marce St Christophe, ale ponieważ etykieta wyraźnie pokazuje, że została wyprodukowana we Francji, próbowałem zbadać, co mogłem.
Wygląda na to, że Equipements St Christophe najpierw specjalizowało się w produkcji hełmów, a po drugiej wojnie światowej zdobyli kilka kontraktów z policją i wojskiem. Wydaje się, że w latach 70. rozszerzyli swoją działalność na skórzane kurtki i sprzęt motocyklowy, zanim zniknęli. Nie mam pojęcia o reputacji i jakości ich produktów.[/CYTAT]

Hello everyone
First of all, please let me introduce myself, my name is Przemek and I'm from Poland.
I have been following the forum for two years now and now I think that I will try to participate in the life of this cool place from time to time.
I have some interesting jacket, but this time I would like to ask you for help in identifying this jacket.
I paid about $ 15 for it
Welcome to the Lounge!
Your jacket is cool, and would look even better with a furry collar. It has the snaps for one.

My wife was born and grew up in Bydgoszcz. Move to the US when she was 21 or so. Somewhere in there. I should know. She has been in the US for another 20 or so. I should know that too. Welcome.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
My wife was born and grew up in Bydgoszcz. Move to the US when she was 21 or so. Somewhere in there. I should know. She has been in the US for another 20 or so. I should know that too. Welcome.
Bydgoszcz is beautiful. I was just there in June. Tough to pronounce, though...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points