Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Attached or detachable Belt? I've got both. I know there are a lot of missing belts! I have jackets with the sewn on belt removed. Which are more often seen?

How do people wear these jackets?

Both look appealing in my eyes whether attached or detachable and have noticed some belts/epaulletes/loops get sheared off as well. I prefer to have a detachable belt so it's easier to live with and wear on a day to day basis

I find it cool when people wear the belted jackets open with the tip of the belt and buckle hanging or when the jacket is zipped up and belt is buckled as well. Some people wear it better than others for sure like yourself lol some people are just naturally cool

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
They can get in the way sometimes. The nice jackets are considerate, they have a snap to attach the buckled side of the belt to the jacket in order to keep it in place when worn loose.

That's very rider friendly especially when off the bike and it's hot as balls out there. I haven't noticed that before, is that how Vansons/Langlitz/Schott are designed?

I can certainly imagine the buckle can get annoying to have when unbuckled and is not secured. Or when the belt is so brand new and it's like cardboard lol

That's very rider friendly especially when off the bike and it's hot as balls out there. I haven't noticed that before, is that how Vansons/Langlitz/Schott are designed?

I can certainly imagine the buckle can get annoying to have when unbuckled and is not secured. Or when the belt is so brand new and it's like cardboard lol

I’m thinking…In this style, most Vanson and all Langlitz have detachable belts. The Vanson Thunderbird has an attached belt, but no way to secure a loose buckle that I recall. My Schott 646 has the snap but I don’t think it’s common on Schott either. I’ve not owned many Schott. I’ve had the buckle snap on another jacket, I’m sure of it, but can’t remember the maker. I’ve got to check my spreadsheet.

I guess it’s not really a common thing. Just like the snap by the zipper stop, meant to alleviate some of the stress on the zipper. Love that too. I’ve had a Bates and Langlitz with it. My LW LTB has it. JL has done it. But it should be on every MC jacket imo.

Another way— The attached belts on my Fidelity jackets don’t have buckles, just a row of snaps to cinch the belt. I like that too. No heavier buckle flapping around. And it looks pretty cool. Clean and tidy. Guidemaster did the same on some of their jackets.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

Schott has a few styles with the belt buckle snap and a few without. 118 has it, 613 does not. You can send to them though to have one added. It's pretty cheap. They have very few styles however with a full removable belt. Not sure if this is a style thing and/or cost. I think I mentioned it somewhere else before, if they had more styles with removable belts, I think I'd own at least a half dozen more LOL. I like that option. And shame shame, I have cut off a belt or two. It looked ridiculous on my vintage 618 that's on the shorter side. Belt on top of belt doesn't look good on me. And the belt was really small and shriveled and just looked weird. Much happier with it gone.

Belt is annoying but I love it. It's my favorite thing about the classic Perfecto. But it sure is annoying. Hits the sleeve, gets in the way... Which is why, given the option, I'll just take the belt out and leave it on a hanger forever. Which is why I dislike cross zips that are making it easy for me. Belt has to be there, that's the charm of the jacket, otherwise I might as well wear, I don't know, A2.

Whatever the case, don't be this guy, too afraid to wear his jackets the way it's suppose to be worn;
150937139_754357965508958_7915262915878672654_n.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I’m thinking…In this style, most Vanson and all Langlitz have detachable belts. The Vanson Thunderbird has an attached belt, but no way to secure a loose buckle that I recall. My Schott 646 has the snap but I don’t think it’s common on Schott either. I’ve not owned many Schott. I’ve had the buckle snap on another jacket, I’m sure of it, but can’t remember the maker. I’ve got to check my spreadsheet.

I guess it’s not really a common thing. Just like the snap by the zipper stop, meant to alleviate some of the stress on the zipper. Love that too. I’ve had a Bates and Langlitz with it. My LW LTB has it. JL has done it. But it should be on every MC jacket imo.

Another way— The attached belts on my Fidelity jackets don’t have buckles, just a row of snaps to cinch the belt. I like that too. No heavier buckle flapping around. And it looks pretty cool. Clean and tidy. Guidemaster did the same on some of their jackets.

It's so nice having the snap by the zipper stop, mrfrown/red devil recent JL cross zip have them and it's a cool detail as well as functional. I will definitely copy that when I get my LAPD made lol I haven't seen a Cal with a through belt so I can't imagine how it would look but I think it might work as well

I haven't seen the fidelity/guide master styled snap belt but can imagine it looks like the one from a buco jh1

Schott has a few styles with the belt buckle snap and a few without. 118 has it, 613 does not. You can send to them though to have one added. It's pretty cheap. They have very few styles however with a full removable belt. Not sure if this is a style thing and/or cost. I think I mentioned it somewhere else before, if they had more styles with removable belts, I think I'd own at least a half dozen more LOL. I like that option. And shame shame, I have cut off a belt or two. It looked ridiculous on my vintage 618 that's on the shorter side. Belt on top of belt doesn't look good on me. And the belt was really small and shriveled and just looked weird. Much happier with it gone.

I get it, I'm on that same opinion with belts. It's a little too much for someone like me. Never new detachable belts was a thing until recently so I shied away from those kinds of cross zip. Now I know a little better lol

Belt is annoying but I love it. It's my favorite thing about the classic Perfecto. But it sure is annoying. Hits the sleeve, gets in the way... Which is why, given the option, I'll just take the belt out and leave it on a hanger forever. Which is why I dislike cross zips that are making it easy for me. Belt has to be there, that's the charm of the jacket, otherwise I might as well wear, I don't know, A2.

Whatever the case, don't be this guy, too afraid to wear his jackets the way it's suppose to be worn;
150937139_754357965508958_7915262915878672654_n.jpg

That's one way of looking at it, out of sight out of mind as they say. I think that's what will happen when I get my FL jacket made since I won't request for a belt to be made. I just like the look of a through belt design with the little chevron shaped lower back with snaps in place

I'd rather not get attached belts or epaulettes but if for some reason I end up with one I'll try not to be this kind of guy. Although that's rich coming from someone who removed belt loops out of a vintage Cal lol

It's so nice having the snap by the zipper stop, mrfrown/red devil recent JL cross zip have them and it's a cool detail as well as functional. I will definitely copy that when I get my LAPD made lol I haven't seen a Cal with a through belt so I can't imagine how it would look but I think it might work as well

I haven't seen the fidelity/guide master styled snap belt but can imagine it looks like the one from a buco jh1

I get it, I'm on that same opinion with belts. It's a little too much for someone like me. Never new detachable belts was a thing until recently so I shied away from those kinds of cross zip. Now I know a little better lol

That's one way of looking at it, out of sight out of mind as they say. I think that's what will happen when I get my FL jacket made since I won't request for a belt to be made. I just like the look of a through belt design with the little chevron shaped lower back with snaps in place

I'd rather not get attached belts or epaulettes but if for some reason I end up with one I'll try not to be this kind of guy. Although that's rich coming from someone who removed belt loops out of a vintage Cal lol

Right on, yes, JH-1 also has it.

I think the snap at the bottom will look awesome and be functional. Mr. S Leather uses another version of this snap at the zip stop. You may like it more.

E37C1204-264F-4E8D-A118-55821E1E70E8.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Right on, yes, JH-1 also has it.

I think the snap at the bottom will look awesome and be functional. Mr. S Leather uses another version of this snap at the zip stop. You may like it more.

View attachment 350382

The JH1 belt looks cool indeed. I have that similar design to my Vanek jacket but it's awkward. Not sure if the jacket was made for a lefty but the pull is on the left side. It's hard to align the pin with pull

Harro integration (two buckles just to make sure) View attachment 350395 View attachment 350396

That's also one way of doing it, this seems very secure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ