Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Not really vintage, but an interesting RRL :
Ralph Lauren 30 s Moto Veste en cuir 1930 D Poche perfecto vintage Small | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Wildhorses

Practically Family
It's a woman's jacket. I bought it for my ex who threw it in my face and said it's ugly. It's not. It's a beautiful jacket, hide is super thick and really looks good. But yeah, it's a woman's jacket.
OK, it's good to know ! The job was well done on this jacket. Even if in general I don't like pre-distressed leather.

Didn't Terry make the Cali connection with Sears, Penny's/ Sportclad, & Windward?
I'll concede Grais and Monarch. :p
Not sure. Made there? We’ll need his input but all those are definitely Illinois based. Might be “Styled in the West” “Made in the Midwest”? Or maybe made and styled in the west…distributed in the Midwest? It’s a good question. Not sure anyone can say for sure but…paging @tmitchell59!

Sears and Wards— Some made in Cali, others made elsewhere. TM has really run all that down. Really depends on the year, model, etc. Can obviously be determined by label, but also the leather and some of the design cues. TM’s thread about the Sears jackets is killer.

Penneys/SC made by Kurland— Mass. I’d bet their offerings were made all over the place too.

Don’t forget Guidemaster, Appalachian Indian, Fidelity, Knopf, Rich-Sher and other non-Cali bubbas.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ