Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I had to go mow the yard to avoid buying this Buco. It worked, sold when I got done. How is that for a success story? I had my opportunity. I ask a couple of questions. One was about the sticky zippers. He sent me a pic. Looks like the zippers were sprayed black and maybe unused!

Someone got a beauty, someone here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324783884961?nma=true&si=ai7teXqLN%2FI76LXjcvJDQwh4bAI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Ok Terry, I am learning something big here. Apparently my all dirt yard is causing me to accumulate leather jackets at an alarming rate. If only I had a lawn to mow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the secret to self control AND good landscape maintenance.....

On the jacket, do painted zippers even function???? It would seem paint would GUM UP THE WORKS on them......

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Ok Terry, I am learning something big here. Apparently my all dirt yard is causing me to accumulate leather jackets at an alarming rate. If only I had a lawn to mow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the secret to self control AND good landscape maintenance.....

Yes there are many secrets to success, sometimes mowing the yard is the answer.

On the jacket, do painted zippers even function???? It would seem paint would GUM UP THE WORKS on them......

they work, I'll have to find some pics of blackened zippers. You've never seen one in your travels?

Here you go, Harley Cycle Queen late 40s. I just thinking that is what happened.

DSC01248.jpg
DSC01205.jpg
DSC01210.jpg
DSC01254.jpg

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Ok this is not a deal, but it's a confusing ebay add for "Real McCoys" Buco J24 replica. However the jacket to my un-trained eyes looks like an Original Buco J24. Unless it's been artificially aged, which given the state of it, could be. Will need a zipper too.
*Please be aware - this jacket has been modified/Heavily damaged* So if you have a sensitive system, may not want to click the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233941800529?hash=item3678049651:g:fZ0AAOSwIcFgW5vd

My eyes... They burn from seeing this monstrosity!!! Who would do such a thing?!

I would say it's definitely an original, by the way.

Those looking for an awesome, unusual half-belt ish Vanson with no shortage of pockets, in size 40, for a good price (without the sleeves cut off): https://www.ebay.nl/itm/Vintage-Van...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Link? My size? :)
It sold in a matter of minutes. The asking price was insanely low. Probably a size larger than you’d prefer. 44”. I should’ve just bin’d but I paused and that was that.
The quick and the dead. That’s the name of the game ‘round here. See something like that and don’t jump, you become the latter. This was one I f the cleanest of its kind I’ve seen. Going to sting for a bit.
A1BC566E-8399-42A4-9200-486531F81AFF.jpeg
D113E2F9-D1A3-4AED-90A0-12DF173016C9.jpeg
0F25F1CA-E02D-4CDF-BF59-96A9BD9D2253.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw it too. I'm not as aggressive as I once was. I see that jacket and think; what am I going to do with it? Just re-sell it.
Yes in retrospect the ribbed waist bands would’ve probably led me to do the same. Just couldn’t justify it with the Daniel Boone on the way. Although the Nelco looks to be in better shape than my Boone.

Yes in retrospect the ribbed waist bands would’ve probably led me to do the same. Just couldn’t justify it with the Daniel Boone on the way. Although the Nelco looks to be in better shape than my Boone.

There is a Nelco MC jacket I’ve been watching. Looks really nice. Wonder how it compares to the other, perhaps better known makers of the era? The price on this one almost made me jump outta my normal style of jacket. Nelco looks cool and seems to have an interesting back story as a company. Not sure if the jackets are in anyway associated with the sewing machine company.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I'm gonna file this one under unique sorta find........ and with a starting bid at a mere $25,000.00, I'm certain more than a few members will be taking their kids out of private school and maybe selling a kidney...... Hey if smart wealthy investors like Axl Rose and (Gasp!) Nicholas Cage have one of these.... maybe YOU should too!!

I would be ALL OVER this if only it were brown......The color is the only thing holding me back;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1248962035...b:g:SXcAAOSweGNhJBHp&LH_ItemCondition=3000|10

s-l1600.jpg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
It sold in a matter of minutes. The asking price was insanely low. Probably a size larger than you’d prefer. 44”. I should’ve just bin’d but I paused and that was that.
The quick and the dead. That’s the name of the game ‘round here. See something like that and don’t jump, you become the latter. This was one I f the cleanest of its kind I’ve seen. Going to sting for a bit.
View attachment 360581 View attachment 360582 View attachment 360583

When I saw this jacket sold, I figured it was one of my brothers here that snagged it. Apparently not. I too wavered....... It was insanely clean and the price was very very very palatable. Normally those side knits would be a deal killer of sorts but the condition rendered that concern moot. For me, it was still a bit short (These grapes are VERY tart but not necessarily SOUR)...... I have at least 5 square pockets but none exactly like that Nelco. So it didn't register with me like it would have if I didn't have more than one of this design. Still......The Condition........its causing some nagging regret.......

You KNOW you have a real sickness when you're saddened that you DIDN'T buy something that you needed like another Hole in the Head and it kicks you in the balls for a couple of days thinking about it.:oops:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I passed on that Nelco too, actually. Not a big fan of boxed pockets.
Love Cage's work ..
View attachment 360778
View attachment 360779

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Nick Cage............smh......... This guy is a Coppola!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? He has the Fredo Gene FOR REAL man!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to know someone who had worked for Nicholas Cage and knew his finances. I have many odd stories. He's very very strange with his money. Leases 15-20 rare antique and luxury cars at a time for months if not years........ Given his family stature in Hollywood you'd think he'd be more grounded---at least---as Hollywood people go. He has been on the brink of bankruptcy a few times and when you see what he has on the books, its outrageous. The cars were listed by a creditor as assets and they had to be set aside from the proceedings when it was revealed THEY WERE ALL LEASED.

The court (and everyone I think) was shocked that the guy is in financial trouble and still leasing over a dozen rare cars.

So----Yeah-----I can totally believe he ponied up big time for that sickening Puce/Pink jacket.... Supposedly he's a nice guy---I feel bad for him.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Nick Cage............smh......... This guy is a Coppola!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? He has the Fredo Gene FOR REAL man!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to know someone who had worked for Nicholas Cage and knew his finances. I have many odd stories. He's very very strange with his money. Leases 15-20 rare antique and luxury cars at a time for months if not years........ Given his family stature in Hollywood you'd think he'd be more grounded---at least---as Hollywood people go. He has been on the brink of bankruptcy a few times and when you see what he has on the books, its outrageous. The cars were listed by a creditor as assets and they had to be set aside from the proceedings when it was revealed THEY WERE ALL LEASED.

The court (and everyone I think) was shocked that the guy is in financial trouble and still leasing over a dozen rare cars.

So----Yeah-----I can totally believe he ponied up big time for that sickening Puce/Pink jacket.... Supposedly he's a nice guy---I feel bad for him.

Sounds like an episode of entourage. Ari and drama are gold.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
they work, I'll have to find some pics of blackened zippers. You've never seen one in your travels?

I HAVE seen "Blackened" zippers but more on modern jackets where I believe they are actually made in that color. I haven't encountered painted vintage zips though..... I don't get into the cross zips as much so maybe that's why I haven't seen them. I guess if they are done right there is no issue with them sliding etc. But at some point as they age, the paint wears. I really like the contrast of the natural metal colors myself. The black painted look is interesting though.... its sorta like doing a car or bike and "MURDERING IT OUT" in All Black.

I HAVE seen "Blackened" zippers but more on modern jackets where I believe they are actually made in that color. I haven't encountered painted vintage zips though..... I don't get into the cross zips as much so maybe that's why I haven't seen them. I guess if they are done right there is no issue with them sliding etc. But at some point as they age, the paint wears. I really like the contrast of the natural metal colors myself. The black painted look is interesting though.... its sorta like doing a car or bike and "MURDERING IT OUT" in All Black.

My Sportclad has murdered out hardware. I dig it, but you’ve seen my bike. How could I not. It does wear out though. Which I still like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner