Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Probably a bit too small for me, but way too cool to pass.

Thanks for the Posting this! I hope I can post a lead for you someday.

I had not seen this jacket until your post. Then I saw the sale and the comments here, then I walked away, then I got the offer, then I asked if it was a Conmar zipper, she was on her way home to take pictures when I bought it.

I'm lucky or a Fool, sometimes I'm just not sure. This style of Cloth Half-belt is as difficult to find as the best vintage leathers, actually more difficult. They were all over the catalogs in the late 40s; probably the era of this jacket, yet few of them show up for sale in any size. I've purchased one in Japan and two here and I look. There are several in Japan last time I looked, also some very nice reproductions.

Well I rectified my error and got this fellow coming my way. I'm just a sucker for this with the full adjustable half-belt.

This is nice! True Classic.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I had not seen this jacket until your post. Then I saw the sale and the comments here, then I walked away, then I got the offer, then I asked if it was a Conmar zipper, she was on her way home to take pictures when I bought it.

I'm lucky or a Fool, sometimes I'm just not sure. This style of Cloth Half-belt is as difficult to find as the best vintage leathers, actually more difficult. They were all over the catalogs in the late 40s; probably the era of this jacket, yet few of them show up for sale in any size. I've purchased one in Japan and two here and I look. There are several in Japan last time I looked, also some very nice reproductions.

Well I rectified my error and got this fellow coming my way. I'm just a sucker for this with the full adjustable half-belt.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Well done Terry, I think this will fit. When I looked back at the pics the chest measurement is actually at minimum 22.5”. The provided measurement pic is useless. I had the impulse. I let it pass. I can’t wait to see it “in the flesh” when you have it!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Well done Terry, I think this will fit. When I looked back at the pics the chest measurement is actually at minimum 22.5”. The provided measurement pic is useless. I had the impulse. I let it pass. I can’t wait to see it “in the flesh” when you have it!

I know your interest in this Style. This will probably be a bit tight on me, but will hang well with the others. I will look in the Sears catalog for something similar, c.1948.

Buying/Selling can be trying..In a recent thread I lamented having too many jackets and since then purchased 3 and sold none. A Ship on the Sea

Two more on inbound for my perusal. Both are wildly interesting and worthy of attention! One is White! and is a 44! back to the 50s! It was also dirt cheap for these days.

Yamahana

One Too Many

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Glad you got it Terry, I almost bought it even tho I knew it wouldn’t fit. I have enough of a problem with too many that do fit and live in a hot climate, go figure. My wife thinks I’m nuts and she’s probably right. Just 2 days ago she says “so I see you’ve taken over another closet with your jackets!”
Love the subtle plaid, pockets and buckle half belt on this. Curious if it still has a label.
Look forward to lining, label and fit pics when you get it

Coriu

One Too Many
Glad you got it Terry, I almost bought it even tho I knew it wouldn’t fit. I have enough of a problem with too many that do fit and live in a hot climate, go figure. My wife thinks I’m nuts and she’s probably right. Just 2 days ago she says “so I see you’ve taken over another closet with your jackets!”
Love the subtle plaid, pockets and buckle half belt on this. Curious if it still has a label.
Look forward to lining, label and fit pics when you get it

After years of having our closet space invaded by females, it is about time that married men have taken a stand and joined the "me too" movement. I am proud of my fellow brothers who have risked their lives burning dresses and racks of high-heeled shoes to make room for our leather jackets, setting them free from their cloistered lives in storage.

Yamahana

One Too Many
After years of having our closet space invaded by females, it is about time that married men have taken a stand and joined the "me too" movement. I am proud of my fellow brothers who have risked their lives burning dresses and racks of high-heeled shoes to make room for our leather jackets, setting them free from their cloistered lives in storage.
Amen!!
Anybody who hasn’t had the opportunity of raising teenage daughters has been cheated out of the full experience of parenthood heaven and hell. Having raised 3 I know and that’s where closet space went for so many years.
Having been married 40 years now I did bite my tongue. The younger me would’ve said “sorry dear I guess my jackets don’t take up as much room as your 100 plus pair of shoes”
But I know better now and have the bruises to prove it.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

That is a beauty! If it does not fit, let me know. Again, late for the show on this one...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Coriu

One Too Many
OK, it's not outerwear, but it is a hide. I have an acquaintance who is a bison rancher in Texas. He has some bison hides available that would be ideal for a rug. The hides range from dark coffee brown to golden caramel. These are prime winter fur, with pile ranging from 1-5 inches thick and the hides are approximately 6'X7'. They run $1000 each and weigh around 40 pounds. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can put you in touch with him. FYI-they do contract out to have clothing/leather made and it is incredible. Unfortunately, no leather jackets yet.
242240988_10226689063156802_3042306498349461371_n_1800x1800.jpg

243579005_10226689040036224_3760258247309229002_n_1800x1800.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails