Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
here are the two California themed labels. I've got a Los Angles Sport Togs label with a similar theme

View attachment 395748

View attachment 395749

Hey ya know @tmitchell59, this may be something of a subtle clue......OR it may be nothing. But as you may or may not know about California History, (extreme Nutshelling to follow here) California was known as ALTA CALIFORNIA when it was Spanish Territory and the Spanish Priests pushed through establishing 21 Missions as sort of outposts with Churches as they travelled North thru the State along what is known as El Camino Real (I am walking distance from this REAL as it is now a formal road). The Priests stopped just north of San Fran and they never did follow through with plans to continue the Mission chain further.

Both of these jacket labels seem to include depictions of Spanish Missions. I wonder if these are just generic representations of California (like Palm Trees) or if they are in any way indicative of where the jackets were made?? I don't recognize the pictures as any specific buildings from Missions I have seen (not that I have vivid memories of Missions) but maybe they are. Like I said, this could just be nothing. But this is the first time I am seeing Mission pics on different labels side by side. The RP is obviously out of San Fran. I wonder about the MW....... I wonder if the pictured Missions are telling us anything...... Food for thought.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Hey ya know @tmitchell59, this may be something of a subtle clue......OR it may be nothing. But as you may or may not know about California History, (extreme Nutshelling to follow here) California was known as ALTA CALIFORNIA when it was Spanish Territory and the Spanish Priests pushed through establishing 21 Missions as sort of outposts with Churches as they travelled North thru the State along what is known as El Camino Real (I am walking distance from this REAL as it is now a formal road). The Priests stopped just north of San Fran and they never did follow through with plans to continue the Mission chain further.

Both of these jacket labels seem to include depictions of Spanish Missions. I wonder if these are just generic representations of California (like Palm Trees) or if they are in any way indicative of where the jackets were made?? I don't recognize the pictures as any specific buildings from Missions I have seen (not that I have vivid memories of Missions) but maybe they are. Like I said, this could just be nothing. But this is the first time I am seeing Mission pics on different labels side by side. The RP is obviously out of San Fran. I wonder about the MW....... I wonder if the pictured Missions are telling us anything...... Food for thought.

I visited some mission when I was in Jr. High living in southern CA.

Just think they used mission like palm trees, nice symbol of California.

This is the Los Angeles Sport Togs label, again the Mission and Palm trees. Warms me just looking at the label, since it is around 16 degree here.

upload_2022-1-16_14-39-53.jpeg

photo2u

One Too Many

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Si Senor. Works well on and off bike. Zipper stop at belt line.

Edit: Note the pattern of the padded shoulder and elbows on the Cal CRs. The one for sale on Etsy and mine have the quilted stitch pattern. The ones on eBay have the hot dog stitch pattern.

View attachment 395453 View attachment 395454
Your jacket has the early talon ring pulls on he chest pocket like my Cal CR as opposed to the teardrop pulls from the 60s

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Wow is right. Jacket is like out of time capsule. Crown zip. Cal Leathers should snap it up for their collection. Unreal price, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB