Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Tempting for such vintage in this size but that left shoulder looks shot. I could be wrong and it could just be the photo but if it IS as crispy as it looks and the Seller isn't highlighting that as a flaw or AT LEAST posting a close up of that area, that's kinda lame.
Yep I saw that too. Still, it's a very interesting piece of history.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
So from time to time, a European made jacket will catch my eye.

German cool:

0839FDEB-EA5C-458A-873B-41A8C7B7F70A.jpeg
74A0D4C7-3F30-441C-AA6E-DFC67035C492.jpeg
9F2872F8-6412-43BE-BA8F-572471519FF0.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Tempting for such vintage in this size but that left shoulder looks shot. I could be wrong and it could just be the photo but if it IS as crispy as it looks

Yes that shoulders is shot, very crisp and yet interesting. Looks to be mid 40s with that zipper and label. Roll up cuffs too. I doubt it can be saved, but nice to see these jackets surface.

I just bought a H&L Block Horsehide jacket I'm thinking is late 1920s. It is crisp in areas and being humidified now. It will never be wearable. It is an interesting piece to me. I will do some pics. It sure looks old.

edit: has that tab chest pocket that showed up on a recent jacket of @ton312.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Claybertrand

One Too Many
PUCH!!!!!!!!! When I was like 10 years old, the rage for the older teenagers was if they could get a PUCH Moped. They had bicycle pedals on them that I recall were basically the low gear for getting it going and starting it. Surprised these aren't popular now as a retro oddity like so many other things are. I think since the lazy ass American kids don't have to pedal their ELECTRIC bikes, they'd likely NEVER accept having to, (gasp!!) actually physically propel their Mopeds!!!

Admittedly, the riders of the moped were exponentially LESS cool looking than these chaps and the old PUCH crushes the newer Moped model........ Then again, check out the cargo baskets on the moped........If you want to go to Costco on a Puch bike, ADVANTAGE Moped!!

1646341935983.png

1646341996706.png

Jumper

A-List Customer

Admittedly, the riders of the moped were exponentially LESS cool looking than these chaps

View attachment 406739
It doesn't matter how many times I've seen this photo—every time I see it again I spend at least 10 seconds staring at it in astonishment, utterly convinced that Ted Raimi has figured out how to time travel. Which is a TV series that must happen. Are you listening, Netflix?

0839FDEB-EA5C-458A-873B-41A8C7B7F70A.jpeg

1017091_kQL7YH3u.jpg

index.jpg

Last edited:

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Maybe not such a bargain given it’s Canadian and they don’t go so high, though it’s not bad if you are UK based given you’ll have none of the usual high import costs to bear…

I’m a sucker for old school bike jackets with some obviously original tasteful period personalised touches added. Some cool old school patches and a nice spark plug zip puller - if jackets could talk! Though I’m no expert on dating Canadian jackets, it might be later than the claimed 1950s. Never heard of Falcon zips so I guess it could be that old)

I know Canadian jackets don’t get the same love as USA ones, but that also means they are generally cheaper.. Score are I think most celebrated for their rare fencer (like an extreme lancer) front jackets which I’ve seen go for serious money. But otherwise, like Canadian jackets in general, they don’t seem to attract high prices when compared to some USA jackets…..

Apart from the personalisation, some nice design touches on this jacket with the button tabs over the sleeve zip ends (something I’ve seen done using Velcro on modern high end bespoke jackets, like from BKS), the tastefully minimal spot work (which I guess was there from new), the impressive lining (maybe a tad too impressive for my taste! And it needs some work in the usual spots too) and I like that chunky belt buckle too (tho’ motorbike petrol tanks back in the day probably didn’t).

Shame jackets like this don’t get passed on down the generations (I’d have loved a hand me down like this from my Dad!) but I guess interests, fashions and sizes change too much over the years for it to happen that much….

Maybe someone with a Canadian/biking connection could enjoy it….

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Certainly not a bargain even if it came with a free motorbike or two, which it doesn’t seem to….

I presumed this was simply a way to point people at another site to pay a more realistic price (Ie drop 2 zeros) imposing less fees for the seller, but it doesn’t seem to be so. So it’s either fat finger or fat head on sellers part….

if anyone wants to buy this jacket at this price I’ve got a ten euro note I’ll happily sell them for 1000 euros…

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Cal leathers (I think - no label) police jacket in uk at not a bad price. Looks in good shape except for zip teeth imprint on back…

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 406899

That model cleans up so very nice. Mine has taken a beaten, but it is a thick, supple leather that will not quit. I had mine for about 20 years and looking delightful.

Last edited:

Leather Walker

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner