Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
No. I’m on a roll. Can’t get an answer from Aero about the wool I want to order (although I did chat with Ken about it, he doesn’t take the orders). Can’t get an estimate about the halfbelts I want installed on my Monarch, and this seller did not reply to my inquiry about the measurements.
Saving you money and trouble!

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
I usually associate Marlboro leather with those cheap suede-y bombers you see in thrift stores but they made a number of decent jackets out of Italy and Romania in the 80's and 90's and I think this is one of them. Seller doesn't seem to know where it's made but thinks this is made in the USA. I own one of these in another color that's definitely made in Italy so I'd be surprised if that was true. IMO a little overpriced but I love mine as a daily beater.

1650244659643.png

I usually associate Marlboro leather with those cheap suede-y bombers you see in thrift stores but they made a number of decent jackets out of Italy and Romania in the 80's and 90's and I think this is one of them. Seller doesn't seem to know where it's made but thinks this is made in the USA. I own one of these in another color that's definitely made in Italy so I'd be surprised if that was true. IMO a little overpriced but I love mine as a daily beater.

View attachment 419374

I've been looking at this jacket for a while now even tho it wouldn't fit me. But it's good. There's no doubt there.

I don't have any knowledge about the brand, all I know is that they were around since I was a kid & back then mostly older guys would rave about them (though none of them could ever afford it as their prices were always obscene). There used to be a Marlboro store where I live and once I ventured in to ask about a pair of boots but they quoted me a number that would be within Clutch price-range of today which, at the time, was literally unheard of, even in the high-street, designer, couture fashion sense.

Later on, I found a similar pair of boots in a thrift store for $10 and sold them within a day for $150 or so and retrospectively, given the brands reputation in Europe, I could've tripled that.

The boots were great, though and so were some of the jackets of theirs that I handled.

Last edited:

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Picked this up earlier - no idea what it is (is or was ‘Citizen‘ the brand?) but it is a patina monster, and as per usual sadly a fair bit too small for me unless I’m going for an authentic early joey ramone fit. I’d like too hang on to it because it looks so cool, but what’s the point Haha
C8462347-3C68-4DD7-8A8D-52070C7BB5AA.jpeg
0A471173-69EF-44DB-A024-8E72C90ACBCD.jpeg
17686C3B-0F66-4085-A8E3-5A335D6507B7.jpeg
2B3976A2-4750-45BA-BE73-AD427F1CD27F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner