Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Deal!
In france
Buco J24 size 46
By Real McCoys
990€!!
Almost new
(If I didn’t already have one, I’d buy it again!)

https://www.leboncoin.fr/vetements/2153582817.htm

6BA50AD7-F3C4-4EC8-AD1D-86307B391FB5.jpeg

dannyk

One Too Many
I've never paid much attention to fashion brands like this but their stuff doesn't look bad. Definitely "looks" like a fashion jacket, but somehow looks more credible, the fidelity certainly looks the best but that's b/c they swiped the design from actual gear... I did look through grailed and you can see wild variations in the quality, sizing seems to be for very small folks.
Yeah I went down this rabbit hole myself a few times just out of curiosity. Like you said some of the leather used and hardware has been terrible. Some of them look incredibly well sourced and well made. But staggering the fluctuations in quality and materials; which sucks in general but also sucks because no matter what’s used they all cost a small fortune. But if you’re lucky or have the money to burn there’s some really nice ones out there like the one above.

On a side note I discovered this company
https://thecast.com/collections/customize/products/mens-custom-bronx-jacket
a while back. And prices again not cheap and have never seen one in the wild to judge quality. But there’s a surprising amount of customization and what looks like good cuts/measurements and at least ok leather. Now at these prices there’s LW, Langlitz if you’re spending that money and want to go custom. Just again doesn’t seem awful if you got the money or are a rockstar looking for cool over heritage or riding.

@ton312 @dannyk , yep, but it's interesting how the actually good stuff ultimately does become legendary. High fashion is basically the same as our gear here - Not every Gucci tracksuit is a long term investment but that one right piece, like the L17 and several others, it's the quality that prevails and people can see that at the end of the day, which is pretty cool.

Dan, those jackets actually look really good! It's like Himel done right. I love most of the jackets they got. Women's look quality, too!

34_The_Cast_lowres.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
@ton312 @dannyk , yep, but it's interesting how the actually good stuff ultimately does become legendary. High fashion is basically the same as our gear here - Not every Gucci tracksuit is a long term investment but that one right piece, like the L17 and several others, it's the quality that prevails and people can see that at the end of the day, which is pretty cool.

Dan, those jackets actually look really good! It's like Himel done right. I love most of the jackets they got. Women's look quality, too!

34_The_Cast_lowres.jpg
They definitely have that classic NYC area rockstar look. Like I could see The Ramones, NY Dolls The Libertines(yes UK but fit the look) , The Strokes rocking their jackets. And just from pictures cause again never saw one in person they look like good leather, solid hardware.

They definitely have that classic NYC area rockstar look. Like I could see The Ramones, NY Dolls The Libertines(yes UK but fit the look) , The Strokes rocking their jackets. And just from pictures cause again never saw one in person they look like good leather, solid hardware.
I'm thinking more along the lines of Staright to Hell with a hefty bit of NYC in-fellatio-n.... b/c NYC, steet, cred.:p

dannyk

One Too Many
I'm thinking more along the lines of Staright to Hell with a hefty bit of NYC in-fellatio-n.... b/c NYC, steet, cred.:p
Straight to hell has some decent clothing but their jackets are a joke. I do think these look way better than those.

dannyk

One Too Many
Coincidentally whether it’s RMC, YSL, or The Cast….all I’m seeing and wanting now is Johnny Thunders jacket.

Attachments

• 6E6DD9C5-B995-4B16-87F4-2BFF0CBB788F.jpeg
    6E6DD9C5-B995-4B16-87F4-2BFF0CBB788F.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 59

Coriu

One Too Many
SLP B&W Fidelity in a size actually intended for human beings, 52 (40-42).

"Buh-but $2000!! I can buy 2 brand new (brand name) for that kind of money!!1"

Sure you can bruh but ur RMC's/FW's/FCL's worth 1/2 what u paid the moment that box leaves the workshop while this thing gonna cost $5K in 2024.

Plus it's a cool jacket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325158935023

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
This would be a great jacket to wear for a fun evening, ie dancing at a club. The contrast softens it and the jacket says "fun." Solid black DR's are pretty intense.

I don't understand the hangup some seem to have with designer jackets...beyond the price that is. Hermes and Seraphin(who makes Hermes jackets) are fabulous. I think such jackets allow one to experiment with and expand their leather wardrobes...and have fun doing so. How many solid black DR's can one own and actually use, especially if one does not ride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy