Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

bien

One of the Regulars
would you guys consider this a deal/vintage? $60+shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2751447680...CRGMHDMQBa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Screenshot_20220625-162219.png

bien

One of the Regulars
Nice jacket, leather seems thick. Reed is considered vintage, $60 is par for the course for these I think.
thanks for the reply will! im new to leather jackets and most of my knowledge is derived from reading posts on this thread! trying to limit my posts/questions/inquiries to avoid annoying or cause discomfort to the members :). if i have questions regarding jackets, vintage ones especially, is there a thread where i can inquire? thanks again

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
thanks for the reply will! im new to leather jackets and most of my knowledge is derived from reading posts on this thread! trying to limit my posts/questions/inquiries to avoid annoying or cause discomfort to the members :). if i have questions regarding jackets, vintage ones especially, is there a thread where i can inquire? thanks again
In flight jackets one of the things to look at are the knits. They tend to get ragged with age. These look good, you won't go wrong with this one for $60, has removable liner, too. PS - there is a thread "Ask a question, get an answer" - best to ask there. Maybe our mods can pin it?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I checked on this jacket a few weeks ago seeing its a RP but the back is short......... 24"......... Too short for me. This is otherwise a great jacket IMO.

Back length is no problem for me. But I’m not too happy about the busted seams and the hem alteration/repair. If not for those I would have bought it instead of posting it here.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Back length is no problem for me. But I’m not too happy about the busted seams and the hem alteration/repair. If not for those I would have bought it instead of posting it here.
Good eye!! I immediately asked for measurements when I saw the label and didn't look that close. When I got the short back measurement, I just lost interest. If the issues are fixable, at least one could perhaps leverage a better price.

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
Cool jacket, but I'm wondering if that is that is circular patches of mold/mildew on the front of the jacket. This coming from Portland, Oregon makes me suspect mold. Very wet, mild winters in Western Oregon are perfect conditions for mold, and anything stored in non-climate controlled conditions is at risk of getting infested with the stuff.

Definitely something to ask about. Lots of old natural deerskin jackets have stains but this one has them in a few different areas. Many nice and round. I don’t have enough interest and experience with the hide.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Good eye!! I immediately asked for measurements when I saw the label and didn't look that close. When I got the short back measurement, I just lost interest. If the issues are fixable, at least one could perhaps leverage a better price.

I think they are fixable. I’m just not interested in a project jacket at the moment. But for someone who is up for it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cooler half belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB