Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I’m thinking of the same jacket it seems rare, I’ve only seen it on one Japanese YouTube video with stacks of vintage leather jackets
Then there have been some vinyl ones on eBay lately

Yes you said it, sometimes the leather the Becks used had a cheap looking coating, almost look like peeling plastic as they age and crack. Definitely no graceful patina. I read from one of you guys mentioned that they changed to a lower quality for mass production at one point
I have a 60s 666 with the same small label. Cracks in collar and shoulder area seem quite usual for the 60s Beck 666 I have seen on the market. This one seems to be in very good condition. Sizing is another problem they have. This size 42 seems normal but I've seen plenty of size 38 with 18 inch shoulder but barely 38 p to p.

Aloysius

Again with all due respect... Is wool leather? NO! Wool coats like trench coats, rain coats, Goose down, snow pants, ski coats etc... belong in the "Outerwear" Forum. No need being a controlling. We all share this site together lets be civil. No one person should be above the forum rules. That is unnecessary!

In 15 years on this website I have never heard of this site rule that you mention. Is it a new part of the terms of service?

Yes you said it, sometimes the leather the Becks used had a cheap looking coating, almost look like peeling plastic as they age and crack. Definitely no graceful patina. I read from one of you guys mentioned that they changed to a lower quality for mass production at one point

From this particular phrasing/reference, I wonder if you’re thinking of Bates?

Back to Beck:

Beck was not a manufacturer. They were a motorcycle supply store that sometimes sold jackets, which were generally OEMs from Schott. (Though Schott owned the IP, which is why they concurrently released the same jackets under the Perfecto label.)

I assume that the reason you sometimes see these Bates popping up repeatedly is because people don’t know the name . It doesn’t speak to the popularity or lack of popularity of the designs themselves.

Case in point: Sometimes you’ll see both the Beck-labeled and Perfecto-labeled variants of the same jacket listed at the same time, and the Perfecto will get more attention, simply because it’s a known quantity. Someone just looking for a vintage Perfecto is unlikely to know that the Becks were rebadged Perfectos.

On the plus side, that means that those of us who do know have some better deals within reach.

Last edited:

Yamahana

One Too Many
Very Very cool vintage gabardine half belt with a back center pleat. Has a few rough spots but seller accepting offers. Listed as a large but from measurements more like a medium.
176C8599-45A7-4A2D-8F20-240C6A770FF8.jpeg
64990655-BF36-4884-A40B-4A49D9F0E6E3.jpeg

F0236297-6903-4FCD-B289-1241BBD18874.jpeg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3142279434...Y9BVxGkSP6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

willyto

One Too Many

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I must be the only one that likes this style of CR as this Beck 666 has been re listed many times. People must not like the shape compared to the more simplistic designs like J100. I’m stating to think I have bad taste
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304703772614?hash=item46f1c297c6:g:vMMAAOSwOhdjAV2L&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAkBZPfbKCRS5rCALGbHwztkZYKxK4pWDbL/6OE+dt+sAgSI25KIBQJhloOL10HX3f1ahKxtAcYAIkoA2QP6tkchj5dn8CHie3JUwwxlMvrWTZ8nH4u/OV9bX2ug638XKQs0s1vsmuVT52Aj1rvEtXxBf+A24F+X5TC+xQ80N15/RnqoPKUcgFhKgB29TZyO+lqQ==|tkp:Bk9SR5zf49CPYQ
View attachment 465140
I know there are more CR designs than can be counted but some of the main ones seem to be the Buco J100 (and derivatives) Bates Split back, and this Beck 666
I like it. It's a very simple and understated pattern, but very practical and works well.

Aloysius

I swore off these. I had the best ones in the world and sold them and made a pledge to never again buy another one like it because it won't be it. Pretty much what I do with jackets.

I’ll often do a search on Google for some jacket or other, and pull up the perfect version in a sale post from you. Most recently it was the Ken Calder made leather Type III. I feel sympathetic pain seeing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points