Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

CSC 42.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954839277...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

01DACD91-CDC4-4B1C-A16F-D574A327B2EF.jpeg

Schambach

Practically Family
Who bought the large Vanson Aloha Commando yesterday? I won the auction for the chopper, I noticed neither were listed here but I have a feeling you guys were watching....

Damn!! Foiled again by TFL Radar........... And I woulda got away with it too if it wasn't for you Kooky Kids!!!!! (mask torn off by ScoobyDoo and his stoner buddies)...... ThunderDome comin!!!!!! Or worse...............

Ha, don’t blame me. I proposed years ago that only sales with a BIN be posted. Some of us put in work and should be able to go for the auctions against just the usual suspects. I was shot down like the idiot brother in Legends of the Fall. Haha.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Sears MC jackets with the fieldmaster label are not that common. The first use of the Fieldmaster labels I found is 1955.

Check out the thread:https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/sears-motorcylce-jacket-history-1949-1963.101311

There were several makers for Sears through the years. I do associate Fieldmaster jackets with Appalachian. This same jacket may show up with no label, Hercules label, maybe Oakbrook. Again they have to match. Did you get a picture of the epaulets?

This is from the 1956 catalog.

View attachment 436062
T. love the research you have done, and I thank you for sharing with us. The company producing this jacket was doing a much better-quality jacket in a (sample I currently own) in 1954. The newer labels after 56 were not as good in quality. However, I have not seen many with my own eyes. I am particular found of that 54 I own. I found one after talking to a very well-liked museum curator I had the honor to meet in person. He also had an authentic 50s cycle king.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Who bought the large Vanson Aloha Commando yesterday? I won the auction for the chopper, I noticed neither were listed here but I have a feeling you guys were watching....
Ove that chopper! Wish I could find an XL, LMK how long the sleeves measure on the L?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko