Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Schambach

Practically Family

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Just wanted to post a follow up on the 15lb Natel CZ made of Buffalo. Anyone that's been in the jacket game long has experienced the disappointment of receiving a less than represented item. This one wasn't even close. Condition far from the "brand new" described. How's this for coming up short?

That's way, way off. Bathroom scales are often not accurate with so little weight on them. On the other hand, 6.6 lbs is a great weight for motorcycle jacket. Don't be too disappointed, but give it a try.

Last edited:

soybean

New in Town
Unfortunately it's also too small. I took a chance but no dice. I can zip it up without the liner but not with the liner.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Just wanted to post a follow up on the 15lb Natel CZ made of Buffalo. Anyone that's been in the jacket game long has experienced the disappointment of receiving a less than represented item. This one wasn't even close. Condition far from the "brand new" described. How's this for coming up short?
I honestly would have been floored had it actually weighed 15lbs. I can't imagine a normal sized jacket made only of leather weighing 15lbs. I guess from what I am reading, others did not find the claim that outlandish so they must exist somewhere. Sucks about the sizing because I agree with @Guppy that a 6.6lb jacket is nothing to sneeze at. Prolly woulda been a lot more comfy than a 15lb jacket. Your understandable disappointment will only make the next one that works all the more satisfying though bro. Keep punchin!!

I honestly would have been floored had it actually weighed 15lbs. I can't imagine a normal sized jacket made only of leather weighing 15lbs. I guess from what I am reading, others did not find the claim that outlandish so they must exist somewhere. Sucks about the sizing because I agree with @Guppy that a 6.6lb jacket is nothing to sneeze at. Prolly woulda been a lot more comfy than a 15lb jacket. Your understandable disappointment will only make the next one that works all the more satisfying though bro. Keep punchin!!

15 Lbs is certainly outlandish. 6.6 lbs is a wearable heavy jacket. Too bad about the fit.

soybean

New in Town
No worries. I’ve been buying & selling jackets longer than some folks here have been alive. Just wanted to follow up since I finally decided to post on a site I’ve been a member of since 2005!

I’ve picked up a scale to measure a Langlitz made of the old heavy weight leather. The jacket is a padded Columbia with all leather lined pockets. It weighs in at whopping 11.76 lbs. It’s the heaviest motorcycle jacket I own. What’s amazing is how easy it wears. It weighs a ton to hold out at arms length yet is amazingly comfortable to wear.

Attachments

• 72F99A0A-8874-423B-AEB8-3F105BA59E34.jpeg
    72F99A0A-8874-423B-AEB8-3F105BA59E34.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 94

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
No worries. I’ve been buying & selling jackets longer than some folks here have been alive. Just wanted to follow up since I finally decided to post on a site I’ve been a member of since 2005!

I’ve picked up a scale to measure a Langlitz made of the old heavy weight leather. The jacket is a padded Columbia with all leather lined pockets. It weighs in at whopping 11.76 lbs. It’s the heaviest motorcycle jacket I own. What’s amazing is how easy it wears. It weighs a ton to hold out at arms length yet is amazingly comfortable to wear.
First - welcome to FL! Looks like you have quite the collection there.

Second - sorry for the dissapointment of the lightweight Natel. I agree that was way over-represented there weight wise.

Third - if you ever decide that Pocket Columbia needs a new home, please let me know, especially if a 44-46 or so. I'm keeping my eyes open for one. Thanks.

soybean

New in Town
First - welcome to FL! Looks like you have quite the collection there.

Second - sorry for the dissapointment of the lightweight Natel. I agree that was way over-represented there weight wise.

Third - if you ever decide that Pocket Columbia needs a new home, please let me know, especially if a 44-46 or so. I'm keeping my eyes open for one. Thanks.
Thanks for the welcome. The collection really has taken off recently because the wife and I decided to buy HD CVO Trike. It gave me a greater need to start looking for the “perfect” riding jacket(s). I think we all know what a slippery slope that becomes.

The Langlitz pictured is a recent pick up and fits well. It’s a 44-46 that is going to get some wear this spring. If I ever decide to move it on I’ll reach out.

Don’t want to clog up Finds & Deals too much so please get back to posting deals that I know I don’t really need but sometimes wind up buying anyway. I know some of you know how it is.

Bluechel

Practically Family
I picked up the Natal CZ. UPS has the shipping weight at 13lbs.
I see what the seller did in the listing, he said that the zipper works like "brand new". Ah. And I just weighed all five of my Natal/Natels and this model with zipped in liner in place is just under 8 pounds....maybe he threw in the pants as well both on the scale and in the deal? At least it's an easy return.

soybean

New in Town
I see what the seller did in the listing, he said that the zipper works like "brand new". Ah. And I just weighed all five of my Natal/Natels and this model with zipped in liner in place is just under 8 pounds....maybe he threw in the pants as well both on the scale and in the deal? At least it's an easy return.
Seller already accepted the return even though he is a "no returns" seller. He double boxed and heavily packed the item to plump up the shipping weight to 13 lbs. He kindly offered me the matching chaps for $175 but I declined due to the fact I have a couple of pairs of Langlitz Westerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy