Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
Oh, you went for this one? Awesome, I knew it was close to your size, but I also remember you got one a week ago at Inspiration, so I wasn't sure if you were interested in it.
Haha yes that's why I wasn't bummed that I didn't get it. It also had a main zipper replacement and I think the belt wasn't original plus the lining was ripped in a few places. Still went for a decent price under $1000.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I think that Talon paperclip zipper is from 1951.
You are probably right, I just thought that the teeth that resemble Crown, are from the earlier decade, and that Talon switched to more conventional teeth while keeping the paperclip pull in the 1950s. Moot point really since the zipper will need to be replaced. More importantly - is this a Cal? Knit storm cuffs, not mouton patches in the sleeves.

Leigh H

Practically Family
You are probably right, I just thought that the teeth that resemble Crown, are from the earlier decade, and that Talon switched to more conventional teeth while keeping the paperclip pull in the 1950s. Moot point really since the zipper will need to be replaced. More importantly - is this a Cal? Knit storm cuffs, not mouton patches in the sleeves.

i've been told they changed from star glove to Cal in 1947?

I have the same knit storm cuffs on my Star Glove, so i imagine customers could customise their orders.

one thing that gives me doubt thats its a Cal is the snaps on the outside collars, cals are always on the inside of the leather, unless that was a customers request?

it has a taubers vibe to it?

Last edited:
SB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1555110438...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_3347.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Nice one there. That Talon main zipper is one of the best, could be 1940s, too bad it has separated and must be replaced.

That zipper can be repair. There are actually very nice postings here for such repair. In my view, that is one of the best zippers ever made. RiRi also made one just as strong that is equal in quality. The zip is early 40's.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Both # 10 zippers were available at the same time. Talon has been making their "traditional" teeth that are feature on their #10 zippers. However, this particular "wide and super strong teeth" were used for extra heavy duty military garments. Some companies used to use this zippers because they were military surplus along with other fabrics such as the flight jacket nylon blue used in the Korean War. That is why you find the blue US Air Force fabric on the sleeves of many motorcycle jackets. I have several jackets with the red and blue fabric combo. Those jackets give you a clue to the date of manufacture.

Max cycle champ.jpeg

Image curtsy of our friend Jmax.

Last edited:

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Grey Vanson. Size 40, 22" chest - $280

i-img1200x911-1681628419eccylk580.jpg

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
60s Custom padded Langlitz. 20.5" chest - 1 yen opening bid.

i-img1200x1080-16787258468zdohr543596.jpg

Batoidea

One of the Regulars

Jasonissm

Practically Family

Beautiful white "Tailored by Bates" label Cafe Racer. This looks pretty much as good as it gets, in my size as well. Which pains me because the jacket budget has run dry for the time being. I don't need it... I don't need it...

・ Width (approx. 57 cm), Length (approx. 65 cm), Shoulder width (approx. 50 cm), Sleeve length (approx. 60.5 cm).

i-img640x480-1681612579xxd2wn34.jpg

i-img640x480-1681612579uj0uow34.jpg

Last edited:
[/URL]

Beautiful white "Tailored by Bates" label Cafe Racer. This looks pretty much as good as it gets, in my size as well. Which pains me because the jacket budget has run dry for the time being. I don't need it... I don't need it...

・ Width (approx. 57 cm), Length (approx. 65 cm), Shoulder width (approx. 50 cm), Sleeve length (approx. 60.5 cm).

View attachment 509385

View attachment 509384

Let me try to help- these typically run a bit smaller than makers like Vanson. I want one too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats