Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I get the feeling I have offended people by purchasing this jacket. Like I have stolen something that rightfully belongs to someone else. Who would that person be?

Evidently from the comments here I was not the first person to see this jacket or have the opportunity to buy it. I bought the jacket based on the same pictures, descriptions everyone had access to.

Yes, I have an advantage, and no it isn't money.

Will you all feel better if it fits or if it doesn't? Which are your rooting for?
Maybe have a Poll?

Instead of assuming it won't fit me...What folks need to do is answer this question; Why didn't I buy it?

I know why I bought it and why others didn't.

The jacket arrives today! I will keep my celebration private so as not to offend again.:cool:
I'm sorry, Terry. I did not mean to offend. First of all, I wasn't even aware at first thst you were the person who purchased the jacket.

No, I won't be happy if the jacket doesn't fit you. If it works out, I will be happy for you. If it's even close to fitting you, it wouldn't fit me anyway.

Yes, I am genuinely disappointed that I missed out on the jacket, but I think its fair for me to express that. Again, no blame intended at you. I even said it was my own fault for being too slow.

The "fingers crossed" comment was just a silly joke. My apologies if it was in poor taste.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
You easily could’ve found those on your own, no? I have over one hundred saved searches on each the various auction sites, I’d imagine most folk do as well?
No, both unlabelled. I mean Spiegel had the label, but it was illegible the way it was shown in the listing. Took the keen eye of Monitor to point out the quality. I was a noob then.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
I didn't quite hear the congratulations part! I heard something a bit different ;)

I bought two incredible jackets today. Should I post them? No idea if anyone here saw them. I doubt anyone here would have bought them if they had seen them! One would have been too costly, the other would have just been passed by as another crosszip, Which it is not.

There are hidden gems out there in plain sight, some are expensive and obvious others are not.

I hope it fits well too, but a "perfect" fit has many components.
Thanks!
We want pics of these jackets too :)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I am pretty sure I saw one?
View attachment 514010
Yes, that is the jacket I bought. Not surprised that you saw it, not surprised you didn't buy it. I know you do not buy jackets you know will not fit. I know you don't want to be a re-seller or collector. We've had that talk. I do buy jackets that don't fit; my motto "if doesn't fit me it will someone else" may sound flippant , but there is a method/reason to what I do. I I've sold over 200 jackets, 99% were advertised here. Yes, some go into a pile, but there is a reason for that too. To me, every jacket tells a story, humble or not. Every jacket is an educator. The lessons learned are not always pleasant, as we all know.

I paid $521 including tax and shipping, I took the risk. Would anyone else?

I’ve said the same thing about this dumb ass thread since it’s creation. There’s very little we, as a collective, haven’t already seen.
There’s two types of people in it….
The quick
And the dead
There’s no magic, no secret keyword, no database of hidden knowledge. You are quick or you are dead. End of story.
You see a lot, I see a lot, other people see a lot. We don't always see things the same way.

I've been Quick a lot and ended up Dead a few times too.

Secrets? Hidden knowledge?

The database of knowledge is all over this forum, plenty of it, a trail of bread crumbs left by all of us here. I've learned much here and used that knowledge to further my own ruthless ends! I assume other here do as well. I've left my share crumbs to follow.

Secrets? I have some, yes.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'm sorry, Terry. I did not mean to offend. First of all, I wasn't even aware at first thst you were the person who purchased the jacket.

No, I won't be happy if the jacket doesn't fit you. If it works out, I will be happy for you. If it's even close to fitting you, it wouldn't fit me anyway.

Yes, I am genuinely disappointed that I missed out on the jacket, but I think its fair for me to express that. Again, no blame intended at you. I even said it was my own fault for being too slow.

The "fingers crossed" comment was just a silly joke. My apologies if it was in poor taste.
I apologize for my inference, you have nothing to apologize for. You have gone into the murky waters of vintage and came out with a gem! I think yours is a great story. To me, you don't quite understand what a Gem you have uncovered! A bit of icing on the cake, but that is me.

You know I have wanted to see you in a Vintage jacket, I knew you would wear it well and reach young people I can not. That is what I see you and others doing more. I appreciate you contacted me, and so happy it worked out so well for you and the seller.

I will put my icing on your cake in another thread.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I think you would have to try much harder to offend most of us Terry

I understand. I'm a bit too sensitive at times, too passionate. Thank you.
Terry you squirrel! Quit hiding them nuts :)
Let’s see your winnings! There’s no jealousy here.

I prefer when an item is bought from within this group. You know it’s going to a good home and there’s a slight chance it might make its way into FL classified section at some point.

Now I'm a squirrel! I am offended ;) Show my Nuts? I think that was in another thread!

The Wool jacket posted above is one. The other one? That one is a secret for now.

You have a few nuts in your nest too my friend! A few I would like to have in my Nest.

"if doesn't fit me it will someone else"
I certainly understand this principal. In fact I bought this jacket solely for that purpose:
IMG_4382.jpeg

I also had suspicion that there was going to be an attempt to profiteer off it after I posted it, and I wanted to squash that dead in its tracks. The numbers were a gamble but within reason and as predicted a touch too small, so I sent it off at cost to another member.

Last edited:

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Brown Lewis Leathers racing jacket. Size 36, 20.4" p2p - $520 opening bid.

i-img900x1200-1683118095gbjtgq357830.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I apologize for my inference, you have nothing to apologize for. You have gone into the murky waters of vintage and came out with a gem! I think yours is a great story. To me, you don't quite understand what a Gem you have uncovered! A bit of icing on the cake, but that is me.

You know I have wanted to see you in a Vintage jacket, I knew you would wear it well and reach young people I can not. That is what I see you and others doing more. I appreciate you contacted me, and so happy it worked out so well for you and the seller.

I will put my icing on your cake in another thread.
Thank you for saying so. I agree. With my limited knowledge of vintage, I probably still haven't fully appreciated what I have. That said, I do love it and I'm wearing it right now. The only downside is it's made me want more vintage!

Your knowledge is much appreciated. While I am still a novice to vintage, I'd know even less without you and several others here who share that important information.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I get the feeling I have offended people by purchasing this jacket. Like I have stolen something that rightfully belongs to someone else. Who would that person be?

Evidently from the comments here I was not the first person to see this jacket or have the opportunity to buy it. I bought the jacket based on the same pictures, descriptions everyone had access to.

Yes, I have an advantage, and no it isn't money.

Will you all feel better if it fits or if it doesn't? Which are your rooting for?
Maybe have a Poll?

Instead of assuming it won't fit me...What folks need to do is answer this question; Why didn't I buy it?

I know why I bought it and why others didn't.

The jacket arrives today! I will keep my celebration private so as not to offend again.:cool:
it is an open market. Terry has the same right as anyone to buy the jacket in question. I got some nasty comments from one of the critics posting here when I purchased a Cal CR from a UK seller couple of years back. I wore the hell out of that Cal for years. something like I did not have the right to buy a jacket on the east end of the pond that was made on the west end unfair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters