Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a chance for someone in EU to own a 641XX and in Horsehide no less. These are Japan exclusive so impossible to get anywhere. Re-issued Schott 60's cafe racer which is possibly the coolest jacket ever. Close call between this and CAL CR but angled pockets win. Also, check out that hide!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schott-cafe-racer-641XXH-Horsehide-size-40/224266001688

s-l1600.jpg
Can someone translate the measurements for me? Looks sweet but I do not think I would trade the Cal CR I brought from monitor for it.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Rounded up very slightly:

shoulder to shoulder: 18.7
pit to pit: 22.83
length: 25.2
sleeves: 24.0
fit me to perfection of course. Wonder about the waist and whether that's typical Schott out of line with the rest of the measurements or sized properly like a racer should be, especially with the Japanese market. Who know's what that'll cost to get to US though. Between shipping, taxes and customs, $1100 at least.

I've seen some on the Japanese forums for like half that, but I think those were steerhide not horse. Need to go double check. In any case, don't even know why I'm even looking. I got a Fields Leather buco style racer coming in 2 weeks which should squash all my CR needs (or so I tell myself :)

fit me to perfection of course. Wonder about the waist and whether that's typical Schott out of line with the rest of the measurements or sized properly like a racer should be, especially with the Japanese market. Who know's what that'll cost to get to US though. Between shipping, taxes and customs, $1100 at least.

I've seen some on the Japanese forums for like half that, but I think those were steerhide not horse. Need to go double check. In any case, don't even know why I'm even looking. I got a Fields Leather buco style racer coming in 2 weeks which should squash all my CR needs (or so I tell myself :)
No, you want this one !

Can someone translate the measurements for me? Looks sweet but I do not think I would trade the Cal CR I brought from monitor for it.

There's no need to, yeah. It's essentially the same jacket, only Cal has straight pockets and better gussets.

P2P: 58 cm
Shoulders (whatever that means): 47.5 cm
Length: 64 cm
Sleeves: 61 cm

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1940s-...-Leather-Motorcycle-Jacket-Large/233663916734
RP.jpg

I seeking information options of the Ralphs Pugh jacket and asking price in the above link

The jacket would fit me well a little big compared to the tailored fit some of our members prefer when ordering bespoken jackets. Like Terry has mentioned, I seek out west coast vintage jackets and steer towards motorcycle jackets. Even though I am in the process of giving up riding at 70 I been riding since I was 15. I am especially drawn to motorcycle jackets that were made in San Francisco. I grew up just south of SF and during the mid-60s liked to ride through SF early Saturday mornings.
I do not have a large budget to buy jackets so I need to be selective. Even though I envision keeping the Ralphs Pugh to my grave I do not like to pay more than I would receive on a quick turnaround.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1940s-...-Leather-Motorcycle-Jacket-Large/233663916734 View attachment 287328

I seeking information options of the Ralphs Pugh jacket and asking price in the above link

The jacket would fit me well a little big compared to the tailored fit some of our members prefer when ordering bespoken jackets. Like Terry has mentioned, I seek out west coast vintage jackets and steer towards motorcycle jackets. Even though I am in the process of giving up riding at 70 I been riding since I was 15. I am especially drawn to motorcycle jackets that were made in San Francisco. I grew up just south of SF and during the mid-60s liked to ride through SF early Saturday mornings.
I do not have a large budget to buy jackets so I need to be selective. Even though I envision keeping the Ralphs Pugh to my grave I do not like to pay more than I would receive on a quick turnaround.
I had that Just Leathers San Jose CHP/Indian Ranger combo thing. Don't know if you saw it in classifieds. Was gorgeous but was big on me. Didn't get any bites here and got lucky returning back to Ebayer since they stated wrong size in description. I think they relisted it. Had the liner and everything. Don't think there was a mark on it. And the owner of the company confirmed for me it was at least 30 years old based on the design changes and the older style label.

Perhaps there is a “hidden” reserve. The feedback seems positive on the seller. Maybe you should contact them if you are interested in the jacket. If it’s all on the up-and-up you could probably work something out at this point. It isn’t a rare jacket, so you can find others out there at good prices...if it smells fishy to you- pass.

Last edited:
Damn Monitor, now you're making me feel bad for snagging this one.

Lol! You got it!? Well... You did good. This'll be your favorite jacket, believe me. I wanted one mainly because I cannot ever forgive myself for selling my CR with quilted lining. I have a cafe racer, but can't wear it during winter. Most CR's have light lining but Schott knew where it's at and made a perfect, all weather jacket. Look good while doing whatever. I just feel I could wear that thing all winter easy.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Lol! You got it!? Well... You did good. This'll be your favorite jacket, believe me. I wanted one mainly because I cannot ever forgive myself for selling my CR with quilted lining. I have a cafe racer, but can't wear it during winter. Most CR's have light lining but Schott knew where it's at and made a perfect, all weather jacket. Look good while doing whatever. I just feel I could wear that thing all winter easy.
I have been looking at @torfjord 's insanely cool Brooks a couple of times the last few days. But then I told my self I didn't need two black cafe racers from the 60s (I already have the HD one pocket sportster). But this one just looked fantastic with those angled chest pockets and it was dirt cheap.

I didn't take the quilted lining into account though, 22' is already pretty tight on me. So chances are it will be too tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff