Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

air

One of the Regulars
Just a find, not a deal as it is sold out but it's in new condition:
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/r422149907?conversionType=search_suggest#group=nogroup&photo=6

i-img768x1024-1604914466cist7i20544.jpg

i-img768x1024-1604914645daobzv23840.jpg

i-img768x1024-1604914657t1ivpr24876.jpg
Checked your link and it's available again.
Original link in japanese:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r422149907

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Could also be for a lady from the tag.

Smaller sized male/larger sized female. page 30 Motorcycle Jackets: Ultimate Biker Fashion there is a discussion of this jacket. A similar jacket is pictured with a Montgomery Ward label, although the label is not shown. There is a reference to Ross Langlitz friend loaning him his for study as he looked for a model to base his company on.

When I look at Langlitz jackets I think of Bay area jackets; Ralphs-Pugh, Block. This comment makes sense. He lived on the West coast.

The Bay area Jackets do stand out.

I will never be able to wear this, but I sure would like to own it. It were bigger I'd go bigger $, but so would the next guy.

If you fit in this this is one to own

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Man, someone listed a Buco for $5 and $5 shipping on facebook......It showed up on my new recommended list when I clicked on marketplace just now, and it had already sold.

Update: Reached out to seller, she enabled shipping on accident and the jacket appears to still be available. She said she never ships items, so if anyone here is local to Wilmington, Ohio, check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3641446425916058/

128551496_421035782604036_5624445295932366818_o.jpg

Last edited:
Man, someone listed a Buco for $5 and $5 shipping on facebook......It showed up on my new recommended list when I clicked on marketplace just now, and it had already sold.

Update: Reached out to seller, she enabled shipping on accident and the jacket appears to still be available. She said she never ships items, so if anyone here is local to Wilmington, Ohio, check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3641446425916058/

128551496_421035782604036_5624445295932366818_o.jpg

Let her know what this is worth.

Cornelius

Practically Family
A taller person who lives through some actually cold winters should buy this:

RCAF.jacket.jpg

I have the exact same in a slightly larger size. Cold War era Canadian Air Force gear. Mouton collar, 100% wool interlining(!), inset storm cuffs, 3 zippered exterior pockets, 2 open internal pockets, velcro side adjusters, hidden wind hood, and a 50/50 cotton/synthetic shell which sheds wind & light precipitation perfectly, yet seems to have a high enough cotton content that you will not get spark burnholes in it around a bonfire, etc., as easily as your usual nylon flight jackets do.

The combination of the high mouton collar, storm cuffs, & wool batting makes this an exceptionally warm jacket; I've worn it many times in below zero weather (~ -20c) quite comfortably. Zipper on mine is YKK and a bit fussy, though I can't tell if that's from lack of use [jacket seemed to be deadstock when I got it] or just my clumsiness with the unfamiliar lefthand pull.

The sizing system is one I'd never seen before - a 4 digit number with first two digits corresponding to height in inches & final two corresponding to suit coat size, which surprised me as I thought Canada was full metric. This is a "73/40". I am 73.5" tall, 40L suitcoat & the model I own is a 76/41 (simply because that's the nearest size I could find at the time). I like the extra length mine has in body [it's a short cut meant to be worn over bibs], though it's quite baggy in the chest as it's a classic military design which assumes extra layers. Color is difficult to describe - a deep, deep ocean green mixed with navy blue. I have also seen them in more of an olive drab.

@dannyk this is similar to the Alpha jackets you were considering in another thread. Roughly $74 shipped to the USA, maybe consider it?

dannyk

One Too Many
A taller person who lives through some actually cold winters should buy this:

View attachment 286504

I have the exact same in a slightly larger size. Cold War era Canadian Air Force gear. Mouton collar, 100% wool interlining(!), inset storm cuffs, 3 zippered exterior pockets, 2 open internal pockets, velcro side adjusters, hidden wind hood, and a 50/50 cotton/synthetic shell which sheds wind & light precipitation perfectly, yet seems to have a high enough cotton content that you will not get spark burnholes in it around a bonfire, etc., as easily as your usual nylon flight jackets do.

The combination of the high mouton collar, storm cuffs, & wool batting makes this an exceptionally warm jacket; I've worn it many times in below zero weather (~ -20c) quite comfortably. Zipper on mine is YKK and a bit fussy, though I can't tell if that's from lack of use [jacket seemed to be deadstock when I got it] or just my clumsiness with the unfamiliar lefthand pull.

The sizing system is one I'd never seen before - a 4 digit number with first two digits corresponding to height in inches & final two corresponding to suit coat size, which surprised me as I thought Canada was full metric. This is a "73/40". I am 73.5" tall, 40L suitcoat & the model I own is a 76/41 (simply because that's the nearest size I could find at the time). I like the extra length mine has in body [it's a short cut meant to be worn over bibs], though it's quite baggy in the chest as it's a classic military design which assumes extra layers. Color is difficult to describe - a deep, deep ocean green mixed with navy blue. I have also seen them in more of an olive drab.

@dannyk this is similar to the Alpha jackets you were considering in another thread. Roughly $74 shipped to the USA, maybe consider it?
Nice jacket, and thanks for tagging me! Unfortunately I’m a 34 year old man trapped in a 9th-10th grade body haha. I’m only 5’7 and 135lbs. So this one won’t work for me; which is a shame since it’s a bit cheaper and probably a bit warmer....Well, in any case thanks for thinking of me.

air

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner