Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Some photos. That does not look the same as the almost shinki HH posted before. It does not look very thick.

I was impressed with the leather on mine and everyone I saw after that. They are not thick/heavy leather, but very much in keeping with other jackets of the late 40s.

I compare with Shinki as I had Shinki jackets that looked very similar. One was a Himel Heron, a McCoy, don't recall the other. Only my shinki Goodwear remains. If I can find comparison pictures I will post them.

The Leather Tanning industry in this area produced some of the finest leather in the world. I assume Kurland could have any recipe they wanted. There was as much competition/pride in the tanning industry as there is now, probably more. Producing high end leather is not anything recent.

I have many older jackets with leather that rivals the best being produced today. Why not?

mendelboaz

One Too Many
These are always so cool!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184687889541
s-l1600.jpg

One of these days...

Wildhorses

Practically Family
I was impressed with the leather on mine and everyone I saw after that. They are not thick/heavy leather, but very much in keeping with other jackets of the late 40s.

I compare with Shinki as I had Shinki jackets that looked very similar. One was a Himel Heron, a McCoy, don't recall the other. Only my shinki Goodwear remains. If I can find comparison pictures I will post them.

The Leather Tanning industry in this area produced some of the finest leather in the world. I assume Kurland could have any recipe they wanted. There was as much competition/pride in the tanning industry as there is now, probably more. Producing high end leather is not anything recent.

I have many older jackets with leather that rivals the best being produced today. Why not?
I am not a big fan of the shinki HH, but it has an interesting special look. But I prefer thicker and heavier leathers, if they are still supple. The photos of the Kurland MC on the japanese site make me hesitate, no significant wear and little to no grain, a bit like flat steerhide, but it's difficult to see with just pics. I did ask photos with measurements, but I did not receive anything from them, except they ship internationally... I need pics to be sure.

I am not a big fan of the shinki HH, but it has an interesting special look. But I prefer thicker and heavier leathers, if they are still supple. The photos of the Kurland MC on the japanese site make me hesitate, no significant wear and little to no grain, a bit like flat steerhide, but it's difficult to see with just pics. I did ask photos with measurements, but I did not receive anything from them, except they ship internationally... I need pics to be sure.

The grain on mine, also a Kurland label, is excellent. I think you will be happy. But it’s your call obviously.

That Kurland is FANTASTIC!!!!!
How come no one does this as a modern jacket with a 24in back ?!?

Anyone know what it says under "Star Sportswear?
Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.32.37 PM.png

Wildhorses

Practically Family
That Kurland is FANTASTIC!!!!!
How come no one does this as a modern jacket with a 24in back ?!?

Anyone know what it says under "Star Sportswear?
View attachment 341762
Yes, under Star Sportswear it's written : manufacturing company lynn, massachussetts GENUINE HORSEHIDE. There is a pic on page 514. At this moment it was already better to add Genuine FQHH.
The jacket for sale interests me, but effectively it's only 22,5 at back ; and I did not receive measurement photos for the moment. At this price, that's not a deal, only a find.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Yeah, this may be a jacket-to-jacket variation, not every 40 will be the same. I remember your 40 being for sale. I hope you find your 38 and it fits!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I had a 40, and while the chest felt fine the shoulders were too wide. The jacket just felt a little too large.

View attachment 341798

Annnnnnnnnd here's your obligatory "I THINK THE FIT LOOKS GREAT" post.

Uhhhhh........:confused:.....Yeah so..... I think the fit looks great bro.;)

Obviously true fit is in the shoulders of the bewearer though...... It may not have felt right but it looks like a nice fit to me from the outside lookin in. And I will second that the fit on these is a bit finicky..... its almost as if you can only get 3 outta 4 measurements that work....... Just the same, I like these CRs and have a couple. My more modern one has a more true fit than my vintage one. I say keep hunting this model man but tread with a little caution and care on the measurements to ensure you get what you need.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
One more. Maybe not for everyone. This one has some issues but for the price it could be worth putting a little effort into. Size 40. Starting bid $30.

View attachment 341807

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jo...-/164915264395?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

C'mon now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't hold out on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post that Black Bates Racing Shirt that was listed with all the others!!!!!!!!! It's the same as the 2 tone.........It's the nicest one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff