Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Early Cal (or late Star Glove), p2p 23", opening bid at $99! eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Coriu

One Too Many
Taubers 21.5 P2P $300 BIN

Coriu

One Too Many

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Interesting Californian trucker, 24" p2p; $76 OBO + shipping

View attachment 401678 View attachment 401683 View attachment 401684

I always look at this style from the outside to the label, looking for something interesting, a cut above. we all know there are many in this style for sale, even the jackets labeled Levi seem numerous,. looks well made, nice condition and the 60s/70s Californian label. (It only becomes expensive when you add shipping/taxes. ) They made quality leather outwear through out their life which was 1930s till 1970s. I've had other garments with this label. Like all makers they followed trends, made for the market of the day. Their Golden Years jackets are a testament to their quality, innovation, they were one of the biggest players in their day. I have never seen a "second rate" jacket with their label. I know very little about this company. I've called out before and was rewarded. Some have more energy/knowledge than me.

I'm glad your have given it your attention. I quite excited by this arrival, though it will be big. Which gives me another idea.

Of course I am in line for @ton312 size 42, if he can find it in his pile! We are Brothers in Illinois, I'm just down the road.

technovox

One Too Many
Friggin ebay. I ask for a simple shoulder-seam to end-of-sleeve cuff measurement. Nothing fancy, just take a tape measure to the sleeve and tell me the results. Right? A 10 year old could do it. Instead this wacky pic is what I get... along with "hope this helps." Hitting my forehead against the wall here. Grrrrr...

Attachments

• sleeve measurement.jpg
    sleeve measurement.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 241

My Scooter

One of the Regulars
Friggin ebay. I ask for a simple shoulder-seam to end-of-sleeve cuff measurement. Nothing fancy, just take a tape measure to the sleeve and tell me the results. Right? A 10 year old could do it. Instead this wacky pic is what I get... along with "hope this helps." Hitting my forehead against the wall here. Grrrrr...
I guess I’ve been doing it wrong.

First time I’ve seen that technique. Interesting.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
At least there is a photo... Recently I asked for some pics showing the way the jacket was measured, I got this answer :
"hi. i'm sorry but i don't take pictures of measurements. i'm afraid i don't understand the utility of it."

But the seller finally sent photos, and the measurements were ok. I don't buy if there is no pics...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ