Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lewis Leathers Jacket Super Phantom Size 38 1970’s Vintage

barnabus

One Too Many
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Screenshot_20220305-111010.png

I had hoped this would make someone happy but instead it ended up with some asshat reseller.

Coriu

One Too Many
I had hoped this would make someone happy but instead it ended up with some asshat reseller.

That was a ridiculous price for the value. I don't believe brown Natal's are THAT common, so cannot understand why someone on here would not have nabbed it.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

He fixed the missing side laces. That's got to be worth at least $200.

Kubatu

A-List Customer

Honestly seems like a weird thing to try and flip. Natal isn't a bad brand, but it's not really a known one. Definitely wouldn't be my first choice to resell. I took a look at Ebay's sold listings for Natal, and they seem to sell at $100 pretty often. $200 is the highest they've gone for.

I once sold a blue Brooks gold label cafe racer for $200. Thought I made a nice profit on it. A couple months later, I'm looking at sold brooks listings and I find my jacket. It sold for $400. Whoops.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Cal leathers (I think - no label) police jacket in uk at not a bad price. Looks in good shape except for zip teeth imprint on back…

I snatched this up. I really need another jacket like I need a hole in the head but I’ve been pining for a straight zip Cal for almost 2 years. First time one has shown up in my size in Europe. Praying it fits and the condition is as good as the pictures.

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
I snatched this up. I really need another jacket like I need a hole in the head but I’ve been pining for a straight zip Cal for almost 2 years. First time one has shown up in my size in Europe. Praying it fits and the condition is as good as the pictures.
We’ll it’s hard to find cal in UK/EU at acceptable prices so glad it was a useful spot - hope it fits/is in decent shape (Only zip teeth marks impressions on rear presumably from storage was only issue that I could spot)

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
We’ll it’s hard to find cal in UK/EU at acceptable prices so glad it was a useful spot - hope it fits/is in decent shape (Only zip teeth marks impressions on rear presumably from storage was only issue that I could spot)

Thanks for posting it! I noticed the zip teeth marks as well, but nothing I can’t live with.

Jumper

A-List Customer
Honestly seems like a weird thing to try and flip. Natal isn't a bad brand, but it's not really a known one. Definitely wouldn't be my first choice to resell. I took a look at Ebay's sold listings for Natal, and they seem to sell at $100 pretty often. $200 is the highest they've gone for.

I once sold a blue Brooks gold label cafe racer for $200. Thought I made a nice profit on it. A couple months later, I'm looking at sold brooks listings and I find my jacket. It sold for $400. Whoops.
There's no "Whoops" about it. I think there are just people with a lot of money who look for overpriced listings of items to buy. I'm guessing there weren't a lot of blue Brooks gold labels listed around the time yours was resold, but even when there are dozens of the same thing listed at a given price, people will bypass those and buy the very same thing listed for two or three times that amount. I'm oversimplifying, I know. Still...

I always price things I have for sale on ebay for fair/low prices because usually I'm looking to sell fairly quickly, not have the items sit around for a long time. I also have 100% feedback and great seller ratings, he said obnoxiously. Still, I've had items I was selling go unsold for a while, and when I looked at sold listings to see if I'd somehow overpriced my items, I found that most of the sold items like mine had been sold for much higher prices, even though mine were available in the same or better condition for much less.

Maybe some of it is laziness on the part of the buyer. (Search for something, first thing that pops up, whatever the price, hit Buy Now.) Maybe some of it is bragging rights. ("Look at how much I paid for this!") Maybe there's some real logic behind it that I just don't get. If anyone knows the rhyme or reason for this sort of thing, I'd love to hear it. If ridiculously high pricing means more sales, I don't mind being one of those asshats.

Yep, agreed. It's cool to make a profit of course, I do it myself when there's a good chance to pocket some $ but I'm feeling this is really a niche brand to be listed so high on eBay and I was kinda hoping someone here would nab it for themselves and just enjoy the most perfect leather jacket money can buy.

I would've gotten it myself, otherwise. These are truly great jackets and brown ones are super rare.

TMP

Familiar Face
Thanks for posting it! I noticed the zip teeth marks as well, but nothing I can’t live with.
It's funny - I made an admittedly lowball offer on the same jacket. I'm interested to see fit picks when you get it. I have the feeling it may look a lot better than the pics.

Coriu

One Too Many
There's no "Whoops" about it. I think there are just people with a lot of money who look for overpriced listings of items to buy. I'm guessing there weren't a lot of blue Brooks gold labels listed around the time yours was resold, but even when there are dozens of the same thing listed at a given price, people will bypass those and buy the very same thing listed for two or three times that amount. I'm oversimplifying, I know. Still...

I always price things I have for sale on ebay for fair/low prices because usually I'm looking to sell fairly quickly, not have the items sit around for a long time. I also have 100% feedback and great seller ratings, he said obnoxiously. Still, I've had items I was selling go unsold for a while, and when I looked at sold listings to see if I'd somehow overpriced my items, I found that most of the sold items like mine had been sold for much higher prices, even though mine were available in the same or better condition for much less.

Maybe some of it is laziness on the part of the buyer. (Search for something, first thing that pops up, whatever the price, hit Buy Now.) Maybe some of it is bragging rights. ("Look at how much I paid for this!") Maybe there's some real logic behind it that I just don't get. If anyone knows the rhyme or reason for this sort of thing, I'd love to hear it. If ridiculously high pricing means more sales, I don't mind being one of those asshats.
I wonder, too, if sometimes buyers with limited knowledge get weary of a "cheap" jacket, ie $200 or less. I think there is a segment of the public that believes that good, older jackets naturally increase in value and should be selling for hundreds of dollars. So, maybe those same people assume the more expensive it is, the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points