Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Coriu

One Too Many
Great leather and belt itself, Hermann Oak harness leather is absolute tops, but the $1.99 buckle he uses is horrible. If I were not making my own belts, I'd send the dude a nice buckle and ask him to use that. You'd have a winner for an extremely good price. Edit - I just read his listing and he can put any buckle you want on it.
I just received mine and the leather is great. Am sure he is trying to keep cost down for the average Joe, which is great on his part. With a nice buckle, this thing would be a looker.

Wouldn't it be great if a young kid today could make a business out of this without going to college and putting themself in debt for life? At that cost, he would need a lot of volume, meaning we need to actively support such people.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I love harness (bridle) leather for my belts. It has stiffness, some waxiness, heft. I use 10 to 12-oz English Bridle from Weaver Leather, but always wanted to try Hermann Oak. But by now I have too many belts. Too many belts, too many jackets = first world problems.

Coriu

One Too Many
To go with your super cool jackets, here are some nice, deerskin hats handmade by a lovely older woman in Colorado..for only $50-$60. I own numerous things from them, including two of these hats. The quality is fantastic. FYI-their slippers are amazing.

This lady and her husband, who recently died, basically rode out into the the middle of nowhere in Colorado 50 years and started making products. Please support people like this.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is cool but the color is nah.

Seller is a Lounger. Info is real - This exact version is the closest anyone's ever going to get to owning Brando's jacket. I've seen them all, this is the only one with all the 100% accurate movie details. Plus it's a gorgeous jacket in itself. Every part is balanced to perfection.

The Lounger should put the sale on hold for a few weeks and send the thing to Five Star to study, with Loungers covering DHL costs.

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face
Anyone recognize this. Can’t read tag, and only two photos posted. Local seller and it kinda speaks to me in a 70’s kinda vibe. Any info would be appreciated. (Remember... Newb here).

Attachments

• 314FD989-608D-4C42-9CB5-6C96A78199A5.jpeg
    314FD989-608D-4C42-9CB5-6C96A78199A5.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 554C264C-93C4-45F4-8033-27D46C6C28F1.jpeg
    554C264C-93C4-45F4-8033-27D46C6C28F1.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 90

robrinay

One Too Many
Anyone recognize this. Can’t read tag, and only two photos posted. Local seller and it kinda speaks to me in a 70’s kinda vibe. Any info would be appreciated. (Remember... Newb here).
It’s either a Schott or more likely a Lesco multi pocket. Mind you the label doesn’t appear to say either brand name. Perhaps it was made by one or the other for another retailer?

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face
It’s either a Schott or more likely a Lesco multi pocket. Mind you the label doesn’t appear to say either brand name. Perhaps it was made by one or the other for another retailer?
Hmm… almost a must for $40? Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll contact tomorrow. Lesco or Schott would be great. And I just kinda dig the retro style, which is odd for me really.

Last edited:

robrinay

One Too Many
Hmm… almost a must for $40? Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll contact tomorrow. Lesco or Schott would be great. And I just kinda dig the retro style, which is odd for me really.
If you search TFL for Lesco leathers halfbelt you should pull up a jacket like the one above. Schott NYC made the same style at the same time (50’s-60’s) and Schott Europe remade it in black and also tan in the 90’s.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
If you search TFL for Lesco leathers halfbelt you should pull up a jacket like the one above. Schott NYC made the same style at the same time (50’s-60’s) and Schott Europe remade it in black and also tan in the 90’s.

I would add --- I recall the Lesco in this model running small. The Schott runs more true to the tagged size than the Lesco. I think this style was a failed design take on a collared cafe racer. They didn't seem to catch on and appear to have had a brief spell of production years. Interesting and relatively affordable jacket if you can master the fit especially at $40.

I dunno...makes all the repros look like straight up garbage... Annihilates Aero, Destroys Toys McCoys, Trashes Thedi, Laughs at Lost Worlds, Flattens Freewheelers, Evicerates ELMC who did I leave out??? It's priced too high...maybe? I've seen far worse brand new jackets sell for much more... This one has me scratching my head.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I dunno...makes all the repros look like straight up garbage... Annihilates Aero, Destroys Toys McCoys, Trashes Thedi, Laughs at Lost Worlds, Flattens Freewheelers, Evicerates ELMC who did I leave out??? It's priced too high...maybe? I've seen far worse brand new jackets sell for much more... This one has me scratching my head.
I agree. If you look at it that way, it's actually quite the bargain.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Not half bad for a 118 either. This place is just a couple miles down the road from me around Chicago and Ashland, been there forever. Had no idea they carried Schott.
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

i went there 2 weeks ago for a 118 try on. Mild blend carries Schott now but not the 118. i scored one on ebay. I have bought boots and hats from alcalas before. Best sign in town. Hancock building in the lower left.
53491B00-0FB3-4C29-8474-0BA416D9F639.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto