Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Wildhorses

Practically Family
The name “Bon Marché” actually refers to the west coast department store where it was sold! Later to become Macey’s and not part of the Bon Ton group which owned Carson’s and Bergner’s as well as The Bon Ton store here in the Midwest.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bon_Marché

That was just a joke of course. And it shows that there is always some french part in every history :)

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Some jackets from one seller, I could buy all of them, but I won't :
Unknown maker original A2 :
fd51854b198e12a44f4cfd67ee5bc%3A477701692&click_sum=e9292ada&ref=shop_home_active_4
1649526485670.png

Kit Karson :
https://www.etsy.com/listing/497810...ick_sum=be654f6b&ref=shop_home_active_9&cns=1
1649526552997.png

Fidelity :
https://www.etsy.com/listing/484321...76&click_sum=4638799d&ref=shop_home_active_15
1649526609267.png

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Yes $600 -$700 sounds a lot more reasonable but there wil never be a second one like this, let alone a proper sized one. What's an extra $300 for this priceless mega grail?
This is a good point. As funny as it may sound, it seems like vintage leather jackets are going up in value. Even a couple of years ago it seems like you could find them much more often on all sales platforms and for a couple hundred bucks. Sometimes even less!!! But good ones, THAT FIT are very few and far between these days. I need to reshape my collection because I have a lot that are not my size that I have been meaning to try to sell. I think my slight reluctance to pay the higher prices these days is because I do have so many jackets already. But I keep looking for that grail jacket even though I don't know what that jacket is.

I know what you mean with the rarity and all. When you find them in your fit range, its just so rare that it can justify biting the bullet. I still think there are bargains out there but not very often. Its kinda like the debate about the Vintage vs. High End Repros......... Its Uncertainty vs. Certainty..... you can look and look and maybe not find a vintage jacket that fits or you can buy a ready made high end repro and be a lot more certain. When you DO go through the process of hunting and looking day after day after day and not finding anything, then something DOES pop up, its tempting to not even quibble about the price and just grab it. After all, the numbers of surviving true vintage leather jackets in decent shape and not in a tiny size are indeed finite.

Seller sent $300 offer to me on this^
If it’s yours size, now is the time. Too small for me unfortunately.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Seller sent $300 offer to me on this^
If it’s yours size, now is the time. Too small for me unfortunately.

There are still deals in this world!! THAT is a nice price for this jacket for sure. You fellas in this weight class should not take for granted the amount of cool jackets and relative lack of competition for them (outside of Japan) in your size!!! These jackets don't come up often and I would assume you can always move it on if it isn't right for you. But $300 is a very palatable price IMO. Heed the advice of @ton312 and POUNCE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran