Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Fidelity size 42. Seller just sent me an offer of $120, which is a pretty good deal imo.

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/Vintage-60s...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

FC980D7E-1304-45F9-8E35-EAEF3B9C503E.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I don't think this can be elevated to an absolute certainty as far as identifying markings go, and it is certainly generic, but it seems that this tag is associated with Excelled. And that stain outline strongly suggests an Excelled label as well.

Others may see something different.

I see that. Excelled, the biggest tease on eBay. I constantly open auctions and sales pages thinking I found something outta this world. Only to find an Excelled lol. Bastards. While some do look really nice, they normally can be had for close to nothing.

Yamahana

Practically Family
I see that. Excelled, the biggest tease on eBay. I constantly open auctions and sales pages thinking I found something outta this world. Only to find an Excelled lol. Bastards. While some do look really nice, they normally can be had for close to nothing.
You mean they used to be had for almost nothing. I'm amazed and baffled at some of the pricing I've seen these jump to in the past year or so. Somebody must know something I don't.

You mean they used to be had for almost nothing. I'm amazed and baffled at some of the pricing I've seen these jump to in the past year or so. Somebody must know something I don't.

Do they sell for the outrageous prices? I don’t track it. I just know I won’t pay it.

I have noticed that some will just call the jacket a 50s HH motorcycle jacket and ask for $500 to $800 bucks lol.

Do they sell for the outrageous prices? I don’t track it. I just know I won’t pay it.

I have noticed that some will just call the jacket a 50s HH motorcycle jacket and ask for $500 to $800 bucks lol.
The older HH excelled jackets are great. Once they hit the 60’s era, not so much. Many of them are that leather shop type painted plastic coated “leather”. Good from afar but far from good. This one almost got me.
74397FC9-5DF2-45F6-9D7E-0AEE1E0CBDEF.jpeg

Once you zoom in. You see it’s NFG.

The older HH excelled jackets are great. Once they hit the 60’s era, not so much. Many of them are that leather shop type painted plastic coated “leather”. Good from afar but far from good. This one almost got me.
View attachment 420458
Once you zoom in. You see it’s NFG.

Exactly. I’m sucked in at least 5x a week by some Excelled that looks the part until you actually look. And I will probably keep doing it out of fear of losing the opportunity for special jacket. But it’s annoying.

Yamahana

Practically Family

I’m not sure if they sell for outrageous prices, I don’t track them either but I see them offered for sale for high prices. I too get suckered in for a closer look just to make sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko