Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Coriu

One Too Many
The Schott name certainly brings out a wide range of emotions., especially on this platform. You have the “bury me in my Schott crowd, the indifferent crowd and the “they are not that special or flat out disdain for the brand crowd. I own three Schott jackets and a fourth went to my son, so I fall into maybe the first group. Are there better choices? Absolutely, but a person could also do a lot worse. Maybe it’s my old school mentality that I place Schott bros. with my 40 year old Craftsman tool set in the back of my GMC truck.
All that being said, I keep buying different brands of jackets, chasing the grail but mostly I get disappointed and wind up trying to resell and not lose too much in the process. Maybe that is why I wind up owning three Schott jackets, not really special but tried and true If nothing else. YMMV
...such words of wisdom.

"Are there better choices?"....for some, Schott may be far and away the best choice. Schott is the perfect blend of old school cool and modern. You cannot go wrong owning one.

I can get the same emotion wearing a $750 Schott as I can a $3000 "grail" jacket. The older I get, the less it is about look and the more it is about feel.

Lee wool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1324633175...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

99298269-E249-487B-B82A-ACDA6C23F331.jpeg

Viking752

Practically Family
...such words of wisdom.

"Are there better choices?"....for some, Schott may be far and away the best choice. Schott is the perfect blend of old school cool and modern. You cannot go wrong owning one.

I can get the same emotion wearing a $750 Schott as I can a $3000 "grail" jacket. The older I get, the less it is about look and the more it is about feel.
“The older I get, the less it is about look and the more it is about feel.”

it is said that with age comes wisdom….if you are fortunate that is. Looks like your wisdom is showing as well.

Damon141

Practically Family
a nice actual jacket for the bike. Every now and then something good pops up on Poshmark, but it’s is literally the worst place as sellers almost NEVER provide measurements or details of any kind and besides a comment section, you can not ask a direct question. The place (Poshmark) is technically just a haven for people selling counterfeit sunglasses and luxury goods. The company doesn’t seem to care how many fake sunglasses or iPods sell as long as they get their cut. You can see I have no love for Poshmark.

DorKlonn

New in Town
This Buco J24 in size 38 seems to be slipping under the radar, a few issues with the stitching and missing the main zipper (which seems to be a bad replacement that needs to be replaced anyways). Was wondering if it would be a personal buy as well. But seems like it is a project and a half to fix.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This Buco J24 in size 38 seems to be slipping under the radar, a few issues with the stitching and missing the main zipper (which seems to be a bad replacement that needs to be replaced anyways). Was wondering if it would be a personal buy as well. But seems like it is a project and a half to fix.

[/URL]
I'm not sure this jacket is worth salvaging . At the sleeve ends de leather looks like it's disintegrating. No amount of conditioner can fix that.

Damon141

Practically Family
I'm not sure this jacket is worth salvaging . At the sleeve ends de leather looks like it's disintegrating. No amount of conditioner can fix that.
I agree.. And idk what these zippers are made of but some of them almost look rusted and also disintegration by the pocket also.

Viking752

Practically Family

An auction for 5 jacket’s , seems like a good deal if you could go pick these up. As it’s “local pick up only” in New Jersey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112