Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Levi's rough-out leather jeans. Only acceptable form of "suede".

These are very rare. Good price. Big E. Great jeans. I'd buy but they're in the USA.

8PypunupSe6QMpn0Jckg

U0xzJaWDRam1J25p6Lcz

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Just bought this jacket. Surprisingly the size 36 looks like it's going to work for me. Thanks for sharing it on here.

Congrats! Welcome to the Kit Karson Club! It does look like a fairly large 36, hope it fits perfectly. Once you get it, let's start a dedicated Kit Karson thread (Marc's original idea)!

Yes, A thread on Kit Karson jackets, not just MC style. Not many show up, but they are out there. It will engage the sleuths here to investigate the origins of this label. It has long been my intent to identify makers of the jackets. This has been done here by putting 2 and 2 together. Just this week a posting on RoughWear clothing gives a significant clue as to the makers of Admiral Byrd labeled clothing. Just keep digging!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
An other CHP, probably a Californian, medium
View attachment 427294

Love the seller's name. Lol. I have rat terriers! The jacket is a very nice design with a super strong zip. If any one here buys it, I have the male zip to do the repair. This jacket looks like it has been to hell and back. But stills very nice.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
It’s unfortunate. The OG liner is one of my favorite.

Love the lining. Does anyone know where to get some of this lining? The jacket has seen lots of repairs. The zip has been terribly done several times which I hate because a good talon can do this by hand or by machine. Also, sleeves have been shortened not following the companies practices. Still an ok jacket but will take a very good tailor to get the zipper and the liner done correctly. I will help you out if you decide to buy it. I have several #7 gold finished crown zips and the big teeth talon zips to go with this jacket.

Love the lining. Does anyone know where to get some of this lining? The jacket has seen lots of repairs. The zip has been terribly done several times which I hate because a good talon can do this by hand or by machine. Also, sleeves have been shortened not following the companies practices. Still an ok jacket but will take a very good tailor to get the zipper and the liner done correctly. I will help you out if you decide to buy it. I have several #7 gold finished crown zips and the big teeth talon zips to go with this jacket.

If the price stays very low I may take a shot. A fair amount of money will go into making it wearable. And the trashed lining is a drag. One of the few jackets imo where the OG lining is critical. I love the lining.

And thanks for the zip offer. That is very appreciated. Let’s see what happens.

I asked for pics of the P2P and the hem. The SG I sold off had a wicked taper and even though the P2P was 24”, my sweet spot, the SOB ran small as heck. @jonbuilder owns a few; I think he can confirm running small.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If the price stays very low I may take a shot. A fair amount of money will go into making it wearable. And the trashed lining is a drag. One of the few jackets imo where the OG lining is critical. I love the lining.

And thanks for the zip offer. That is very appreciated. Let’s see what happens.

I asked for pics of the P2P and the hem. The SG I sold off had a wicked taper and even though the P2P was 24”, my sweet spot, the SOB ran small as heck. @jonbuilder owns a few; I think he can confirm running small.
yep, the SG fit tight in the chest relative to the P2P number. Perhaps the stout horsehide or typical taper

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff