Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Damon141

Practically Family
70s schott cafe racer size 44.

@Damon141 those one has the type of gussets you need.

Thank you. I contacted the seller for measurements. I’m not sure how these 1970’s Schott jackets fit. It is in great condition.

Truthfully I would rather not have gussets but I was asking in that thread because most vintage CR’s have them. It seemed to be a trend after the 50’s

Ideally I would like a single pocket HD Sportser like yours or Buco J100 but the price is so high on the Buco and like we noticed in the larger size 48 that I would need, it would end up to long in the sleeves and wide at the waist.

I have not seen measurements for the HD Sportster one size up from yours to know if it’s an option. They are so rare.

Damon141

Practically Family
The jacket looks nice. Contacted the owner yesterday. I did not get a good feeling about it. The measurements did not make sense to me. Will not take a chance anymore. Good luck to the brave ones...
It’s tough sometimes with eBay sellers, some will go out of their way to be helpful then often you have some that either don’t understand simple instructions on measurements or simply do not want to be bothered. Nice jacket though.

Thank you. I contacted the seller for measurements. I’m not sure how these 1970’s Schott jackets fit. It is in great condition.

Truthfully I would rather not have gussets but I was asking in that thread because most vintage CR’s have them. It seemed to be a trend after the 50’s

Ideally I would like a single pocket HD Sportser like yours or Buco J100 but the price is so high on the Buco and like we noticed in the larger size 48 that I would need, it would end up to long in the sleeves and wide at the waist.

I have not seen measurements for the HD Sportster one size up from yours to know if it’s an option. They are so rare.

I sold one here recently. Believe it was one size up on Marc’s Sportster.

Damon141

Practically Family
I sold one here recently. Believe it was one size up on Marc’s Sportster.

That is insane, I can’t believe how new that looks. My chest is 46” but I would have made that work. I had a Schott that had a 28.8” P2p but still zipped up.

I’m so sad that I missed that, I literally have not seen one in that condition. Do you have a buy back option? Lol

Schott Cal. Lol.

21713845-6A6E-482E-B725-131E5C7EFB52.jpeg

That is insane, I can’t believe how new that looks. My chest is 46” but I would have made that work. I had a Schott that had a 28.8” P2p but still zipped up.

I’m so sad that I missed that, I literally have not seen one in that condition. Do you have a buy back option? Lol

Cleanest one I have ever seen. Maybe I should have kept it but I am a X zip guy and I much prefer how the Cal fits. And how the Cal looks.

Damon141

Practically Family
Cleanest one I have ever seen. Maybe I should have kept it but I am a X zip guy and I much prefer how the Cal fits. And how the Cal looks.
You definitely should have kept it just as a collector item, I guess they go for that low? Because it’s not the infamous Buco but imo look equally as good in a slight different way.

Gives me hope that one will reappear at some point

You definitely should have kept it just as a collector item, I guess they go for that low? Because it’s not the infamous Buco but imo look equally as good in a slight different way.

Gives me hope that one will reappear at some point

I’ve got enough collector items but I like to wear them now and then too. I just wasn’t wearing this one. Normally they go for a bit more but definitely not what some sellers ask. Should be in the $500 ball park imo. Maybe a bit more in the condition this one is in.

Some of the black and orange HD label jackets are a different ballgame. Those can go for much more. Deservedly so imo.

Edit- awesome jacket. Looks the part. Jacket to jacket, nothing else factored in, just as good as Buco.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Taubers

View attachment 427805

I've owned 2 of these and neither fit. This may the largest one I have seen for sale. early 60s transitional-lost or lacking leather tag. Leather looks much like my recent horsehide shirt. These lasted well into the 70s the horsehide dropped by the mid/late 60s. Taubers, like Cal leather were the last to use horsehide of the original makers.

Damon141

Practically Family
Thank you, I had seen this one but Marc had pointed out something I didn’t see, the zipper replacement. Otherwise great jacket.
I just don’t want to settle because mark my words , if I bought that one then a week later a perfect one would magically appear.
This has happened to me with cars, houses, a boat, even businesses.
Let’s just say I try to keep patience, try atleast

stringer

One of the Regulars
I just don’t want to settle because mark my words , if I bought that one then a week later a perfect one would magically appear.
While I didn't settle for my purchase of a Langlitz Cascde, I had spent my wad and that same week a perfect size for me, Vanson Chopper and a Shott Perfecto 118, sold on Ebay. The buyers stole them both for less than I gave for the Langlitz. I think it is a bad time to sell by auction considering the state of the current economy. I also have a jacket for sale here. that I think is priced right that won't sell. I need to sell some jackets to make room and funds for more purchases, but not a good time to sell.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
While I didn't settle for my purchase of a Langlitz Cascde, I had spent my wad and that same week a perfect size for me, Vanson Chopper and a Shott Perfecto 118, sold on Ebay. The buyers stole them both for less than I gave for the Langlitz. I think it is a bad time to sell by auction considering the state of the current economy. I also have a jacket for sale here. that I think is priced right that won't sell. I need to sell some jackets to make room and funds for more purchases, but not a good time to sell.
I've sold four or five jackets in the past month or so, and I think around 8 on the year so far, which is more than usual for me.

Damon141

Practically Family
I've owned 2 of these and neither fit. This may the largest one I have seen for sale. early 60s transitional-lost or lacking leather tag. Leather looks much like my recent horsehide shirt. These lasted well into the 70s the horsehide dropped by the mid/late 60s. Taubers, like Cal leather were the last to use horsehide of the original makers.
I watched a video with a different Taubers that looked pretty great. It was a cafe racer, different model though?

The leather looks better from pictures than many from this time period, less coated or plastic looking.

Edward

Bartender

Maybe one for you slimmer guys who want something in an MC vein that's a bit different than the cafe racer / crosszip norm...

This is a rare birdy: the infamous Aero 'Hippy' jacket... in black!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17528006...8KJdenr138sMWN1SXxyf0Q+Q6KZA|tkp:BFBM3rj7hJ5g

This is what Han Solo *should* have been wearing in 2015...

chollie

One of the Regulars
Brooks 42 looks in good condition, different main zipper than the talons on pockets and sleeves??
I won this for $150 and it arrived over the weekend. It's very nearly a deadstock jacket. If not for the yellowing and aging on the size and care tags I'd think it was brand new. Seriously looks like it was worn once and put away. Not even a single tick in the lining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk