Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

I had that same model with that same issue. French seams ready to explode like a popcorn orchestra. Short sleeves too. Great pattern though. I believe California Sportswear made.
13402412-712F-4CAF-B815-802FAAC2B897.jpeg
562204A5-6946-4BC1-ACDD-65AF70EE60AC.jpeg
695D294C-F514-4347-BADF-4E84DB4AF436.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I had that same model with that same issue. French seams ready to explode like a popcorn orchestra. Short sleeves too. Great pattern though. I believe California Sportswear made.
View attachment 437366 View attachment 437367 View attachment 437369
Hot Damn!!!!!!!!!! That one was a goodie man!!! Yeah that kind of seam issue needs a little OPEN JACKET SURGERY and even if they are going in thru the liner at the pit/shoulder seam area, its still one of those sorta NEXT LEVEL repairs that don't come cheap. Not in around my parts anyway.......

Real shame too because these are in decent shape. Yours looks excellent.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
An easy oversight for what otherwise has awesome grain and patina, and for one heck of a price.
Not necessarily. That patch was large, fairly elaborate and took up a significant portion of the lower back panel of the jacket. The hole pattern left is extensive and ugly. That price was perhaps commensurate to the state of the jacket with said patch removed but personally, I wouldn't have bought it for almost any price with that damage. Even for $140 or so, I think one could score something cooler without the removed patch holes. Just my 2 cents....... its is otherwise an attractive jacket even with the patina from years of wear. That patch tho.......... UGH......

I agree. Hell of an old Vanson though.
Great hide, super patina and a lot of life left in it.
I wonder if the patch was still on it if the value would be more or less than as is??
B

Hey B. Not exactly answering your question but Imo, it all depends on the patch. If it’s a low key, universal type patch, like a basic Harley emblem, I’d rather have the patch than the holes. If it’s a personal patch, like a green Dragon in Saturday Night Fever attire, or say a military patch outside the scope of my career/life, I’ll take the holes. Also depends on the number of patches.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Most motorcycle "clubs" Have their patches at the shoulders area. I think this was an HD patch. For me, the holes are sometimes not a dealbreaker. The quality of the jacket is tops. Good cleaning and conditioning will be a great survivor that I would wear. We have seen the worst come to life in this forum.
What is value in this jacket is the hide. Furthermore, the cut to me is one of the best.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff