Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Jumper

A-List Customer
To this day, I find Ted Levine's character the most unnerving bad guy ever portrayed in a movie. Lecter is a comedy relief in comparison.

I would rank Jame Gumb right up near the top in creepiness for a movie bad guy........ Another bad guy I found unnerving in a totally different kind of way is the fat bald bad guy on the Dune 2021 film Baron Harkonnen.

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men was pretty creepy.
Yes, yes, and yes, especially Ted Levine, but the creepiest movie bad guy ever was Willem Dafoe's Bobby Peru in Wild at Heart.

I would rank Jame Gumb right up near the top in creepiness for a movie bad guy........ Another bad guy I found unnerving in a totally different kind of way is the fat bald bad guy on the Dune 2021 film Baron Harkonnen. I know the character was also in the first Dune but I was prolly comatose from boredom and confusion by the time he made an appearance in that movie. At any rate, the TUCKED IN DANCE and that whole seen just makes me wanna shower!!!! Baron Harkonnen is more of a big greasy fat guy eating.............. which for some reason is off putting to me. Lol

Agreed! What makes the performance so genuinely creepy is how far Levine reaches into the polarities of his characters deranged misinterpretations of what masculine and feminine is to him... Everything about it is so disturbingly off.

Lecter is nuts and he's acting nuts. There is brilliance in Hopkins performance but he's got a brilliant script to work with. What Levine did, he had to do with so very little.

But that moment when Clarice & Jame recognize each other, the subtle roll of her eyes as she nearly faints while maintaining her cool. Jame still playing the role just for pure entertainment, even though he knows the show is over...

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men was pretty creepy. I don't think he wore leather, though, human or otherwise...
Ok, enough of that. Any other Finds and Deals???
LOL.

My other favorite bad guy. Scariest, too. Mf shot that crow dead on for no reason.

Only leather boots. Cowboy boots. All else denim. Black Lee Rider, black jeans, boot cut.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Agreed! What makes the performance so genuinely creepy is how far Levine reaches into the polarities of his characters deranged misinterpretations of what masculine and feminine is to him... Everything about it is so disturbingly off.

Lecter is nuts and he's acting nuts. There is brilliance in Hopkins performance but he's got a brilliant script to work with. What Levine did, he had to do with so very little.

But that moment when Clarice & Jame recognize each other, the subtle roll of her eyes as she nearly faints while maintaining her cool. Jame still playing the role just for pure entertainment, even though he knows the show is over...
Very very well stated.

My other favorite bad guy. Scariest, too. Mf shot that crow dead on for no reason.

Only leather boots. Cowboy boots. All else denim. Black Lee Rider, black jeans, boot cut.

I think Anton Chigurh's Ducth Boy hairdo gives him an air of extra creepiness ----well....that and the SHOTGUN WITH THE SILENCER ................. hot damn!!!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Vanson "Comet with a collar" - never seen one of these before. Size 50 (26" pit to pit) and 25.25" back length.
Not bad for $275...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175351397644?hash=item28d3c1fd0c:g:t-UAAOSwXWNi0B4m

1659147801802.png

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I have not heard of this Edgo-- but its out of Lawrence, Mass where we know there have been makers. This appears stock and not dyed. Smaller size but a pretty unique look. We have seen a handful of black and white jackets. This one is pretty cool. No studwork. Just the zippers and snaps for Bling.

A bit pricey perhaps. But one of a kind jackets have no market comps so who am I to say.

Anyway, I got a hankering for OREOs for some reason..........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1154789218...5:g:UcIAAOSw0odi5IE~&LH_ItemCondition=3000|10

1659147353388.png

Jumper

A-List Customer
I have not heard of this Edgo-- but its out of Lawrence, Mass where we know there have been makers. This appears stock and not dyed. Smaller size but a pretty unique look. We have seen a handful of black and white jackets. This one is pretty cool. No studwork. Just the zippers and snaps for Bling.

A bit pricey perhaps. But one of a kind jackets have no market comps so who am I to say.

Anyway, I got a hankering for OREOs for some reason..........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115478921877?hash=item1ae3148295:g:UcIAAOSw0odi5IE~&LH_ItemCondition=3000|10

View attachment 441462
Very cool. Aren't these by Wolf?

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Very cool. Aren't these by Wolf?

Guys, I don't know as much about Wolf as I would like. I knew they were out of Mass. Some of the Wolf jackets say Boston and this one indicates Lawrence, MA. Really sort of semantics here as Massachusetts is a small state and I understand Lawrence is like a 45 minute drive max from Boston so by my local standards, that would be considered a suburb.

I wonder if Wolf moved from Lawrence to greater Boston? Did they make the Lawrence labeled jackets?

I know I'm generalizing---but I liken the rich vintage jacket production regions/hot spots in the U.S. to the main known Barbeque regions. And to me, Massachusetts is one of those hot spots---(Wolf, Lawrence, Lampelt, Fidelity, Vanson, Walter Dyer etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk