Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Great jacket. Did you snag it? The yardstick measurements amount to zero in terms of the actual dimensions. I suspect it’s somewhere in the 36” to 48” range, judging by the measurement pics. :D
Yeah.......I don't know if I made a good call here......... I couldn't fathom the measurements on my phone so I just pulled the trigger anyway knowing the Seller accepts returns and also believing the jacket would be desirable here in the lounge if if doesn't work out for me.

Now looking at the measurements on a computer-----I REALLY don't have much idea. Pretty much useless measurements yet they amount to a Large in the eyes of the Seller.......I think the 38 to 48 range you stated is more SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see how it plays out.......

Yeah.......I don't know if I made a good call here......... I couldn't fathom the measurements on my phone so I just pulled the trigger anyway knowing the Seller accepts returns and also believing the jacket would be desirable here in the lounge if if doesn't work out for me.

Now looking at the measurements on a computer-----I REALLY don't have much idea. Pretty much useless measurements yet they amount to a Large in the eyes of the Seller.......I think the 38 to 48 range you stated is more SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s a beauty! Please post a full report!

What size are you hoping for? And let’s start taking bets.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Claybertrand - sharp jacket & nice catch there. This description slighlty perplexes me: “Fabric has Discoloration/Marks/Fading from Authentic Use. Distress Along Seam/Fabric Edges. Size is an Estimate. Please See Photos for Details and Measurements Before Purchasing, Thank You.”

I would be seriously concerned if the jacket has seen any "un-authentic use" :)

Perhaps they are trying to say it was not artificially aged.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Not really a deal, but cool looking 80's-90's Levis trucker in what looks more like nubuck than suede.

1658801479506.png

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Claybertrand - sharp jacket & nice catch there. This description slighlty perplexes me: “Fabric has Discoloration/Marks/Fading from Authentic Use. Distress Along Seam/Fabric Edges. Size is an Estimate. Please See Photos for Details and Measurements Before Purchasing, Thank You.”

I would be seriously concerned if the jacket has seen any "un-authentic use" :)

Perhaps they are trying to say it was not artificially aged.

Funny!!! I didn't really notice the wording.......Lol......I was trying to decipher the mysterious sizing. But man........

What would UN-AUTHENTIC USE even look like??? Maybe a garment could be put on a Mannequin and then driven around town for years and years to get that UN-AUTHETCALLY AGED look....... Otherwise yeah-----it would be the sandpaper and solvents type of artificial aging. Ughhhhh!!!...... This one luckily seems to have light "AUTHENTIC" wear

The Seller seems to be a more of a volume Seller who looks to have a thriftstore type of eBay store and they likely aren't savvy when it comes to on point marketing terms describing what we would call "vintage" items...... Clearly they are not well versed in measuring garments of this kind. Lol.....

We shall see!!!!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
What size are you hoping for? And let’s start taking bets.
Wow, beautiful jacket but worst 'measurements' I've ever seen ever.

I put my money on 44.

I’m really hoping for Marc’s bet.

But a 42 might work too it depends how this pattern runs. Just looking for something wearable.

It looks like it could be a 42….. that’d be my fairly wishful bet since 44 is taken. I’d be lucky w either one.

Yeah the measurements were sorely lacking to say the least!!! I don’t understand the pit to cuff measurement without at least also having the full sleeve length to give the complete sleeve.

To me— you can do a full sleeve only from shoulder to cuff but you can’t do a pit to cuff only. It’s useless.

Anyway—I’m curious to see how it goes. I’ll report back in a few days.

Damon141

Practically Family
Your sportsclad is s mint^^^^^

Here are some relatively inexpensive Real McCoy jackets and one Himel priced really low.
Not sure if these are in perfect condition but it’s nice to see people price used items as used, we have all seen the overpriced used jackets that stay on eBay seemingly forever because the owner thinks he has to get every cent back after owning something for years.
https://www.grailed.com/listings/30...MI-5WK97-Z-QIVAz6tBh1EkQHSEAQYCCABEgKjQPD_BwE

https://www.grailed.com/listings/30...MI-5WK97-Z-QIVAz6tBh1EkQHSEAQYCSABEgLVfPD_BwE

https://www.grailed.com/listings/27...MI-5WK97-Z-QIVAz6tBh1EkQHSEAQYDCABEgK8nPD_BwE

https://www.grailed.com/listings/32...MI-5WK97-Z-QIVAz6tBh1EkQHSEAQYFSABEgLxH_D_BwE

https://www.grailed.com/listings/29...MIo4S178CZ-QIVRg-tBh0jjgSXEAQYDiABEgJ5JvD_BwE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points