Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Ok, Thanks. Did not recall this jacket. At least I got pictures.

There is another RP Steerhide that we all have seen and has been posted previously-----its a Etsy listing for a UK vintage seller. I don't recall that on being Shearling though....... but it has the same labeling as this one. And its closer to 10% of the asking price of this one here that has the Shearling turning to Fairy Dust.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found this very interesting Ralphs-Pugh Steerhide while lookin at another jacket on Grailed. I was going to send a questions then I realized the price was $4999 not $499! I may ask if that price is accurate, just crazy. The sheepskin lining it toast.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/32...ction&g_aqid=1d5718bffe718c750eb5e8ed47ce828c

View attachment 439800 View attachment 439801 View attachment 439802 View attachment 439803
Most of the seller's listings are in poor condition. A few items' description given are wrong and misleading. Wonder where he found them and how he manage to get 200+ good review. He is trying to flip a pair of well worn Carhartt jeans for $186. You can buy a brand new pair for much less LOL. We are not looking at vintage Carhartt here.
https://www.grailed.com/listings/32...ction&g_aqid=53a72b09491b00c3d1660f8a8d1dca25
Uniqlo U has nothing to do with Undercover! It is designed by Christophe Lemaire. Besides, it is a Uniqlo and the original price was $130 back in 2020.
https://www.grailed.com/listings/29765467-undercover-x-uniqlo-uniqlo-u-undercover-wool-jacket

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
There is another RP Steerhide that we all have seen and has been posted previously-----its a Etsy listing for a UK vintage seller. I don't recall that on being Shearling though....... but it has the same labeling as this one. And its closer to 10% of the asking price of this one here that has the Shearling turning to Fairy Dust.

Yes, the other one does have a wool lining too. This black one is much more interesting to me, but not 5K! I just can't get excited about the UK Pugh, maybe.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Most of the seller's listings are in poor condition. A few items' description given are wrong and misleading. Wonder where he found them and how he manage to get 200+ good review. He is trying to flip a pair of well worn Carhartt jeans for $186. You can buy a brand new pair for much less LOL. We are not looking at vintage Carhartt here.

I too, notice crazy prices on other items. Who do they think will buy some of these items?

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Yes, the other one does have a wool lining too. This black one is much more interesting to me, but not 5K! I just can't get excited about the UK Pugh, maybe.

I agree----this one on Grailed has a much more appealing and distinctive look than the Etsy listing. I think the etsy is a size bigger than the Grailed. Just that the UK listing is a much more realistic asking price....... a bit high but not like the Grailed one. As the OP intimated---- this jacket priced this way essentially is NOT FOR SALE.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Anyone looking for a car coat? P2p 24 inches and the price is only 15 gbp. Looks pretty nice!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2753847717...lWrPs7KTaa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

C7C63369-2EC1-43EC-AD6B-A4D7F591700A.png

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I second that. If I member correctly, it's something like the Al's and Cal's. Ex employee making good quality jackets. Goat looks great in this X zipper cut.

As a non rider--- I am not really into CZs. But this one looks bitchen to me. With the CZs----so many of them have so much going on up front with D pockets and coin pockets and lapel snaps etc. This one is so simple and basic........ it just looks clean and simply bad ass. If this was my size, I would make this my ONLY CZ in my collection. Killer jacket.

As a non rider--- I am not really into CZs. But this one looks bitchen to me. With the CZs----so many of them have so much going on up front with D pockets and coin pockets and lapel snaps etc. This one is so simple and basic........ it just looks clean and simply bad ass. If this was my size, I would make this my ONLY CZ in my collection. Killer jacket.

Simple CZ? Try a nice Taubers. I think the hide would be more your speed. Not as thick as a something like a Cal or Langlitz.

I do like hidden lapel snaps to complete the simple look. My Taubers only has the visible snaps on the bottom lapels. Top lapel are clean.

I’m not really into Cross zips, but my Ralphs-Pugh jacket is insanely cool. I just wish it weren’t falling apart so I could wear it.

Yeah, I’ve been thinning out the closet for a while now. Nothing new coming in either. Down to 15 jackets (7 vtg ; 8 contemporary). The extra space settles me. I think what’s left are keepers. Especially the vtg stuff.

Every one in a while I think about selling the Aero MB CHP and the Vanson Octagon Chopper, but the wife stops me lol. I just love my LWs too much and the rest of the new jackets don’t get enough wears. We shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points