Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Wildhorses

Practically Family
It's his dad's jacket, so that's $300 sentimental value surcharge :)

View attachment 439058
That's what I would say too ! The asked price does not reflect the true value of these jackets. Sellers sometimes don't know what to ask, that's much a matter of how much money you want/can put in them. Many posted jackets here are interesting by their history, quality, leather patina (finds), and sometimes when the price is low for what they represent, they are considered deals. When you find something you like, that is your size, the price becomes more subjective...

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Closest thing I can think of----To my eye---this looks much like a Windward. It could be something different though because the Windwards of this style that I am thinking of have elasticated waist gathers in the hip areas. Because the photos do not allow for a super clear view of these areas, I can't ID it as a Windward. There is one photo where it appears there are no gathers----but it could be that they are simply stretched out and spent. I haven't seen one where the gathers were blown out badly enough for it to look like it didn't have them.

SO this could be a red herring-----wrong ID rabbit hole. At any rate, the price is too high. Sentimental or not. Especially in these times of high inflation and economic uncertainty. I have seen most non grail type jackets go for prices lower than what they perhaps would have brought even 6 months ago. Could just be me imagining this----but it seems that the BEDROCK OF THE GLOBAL ECONOMY------VINTAGE LEATHER JACKET COMMERCE----is being hit with the same woes the rest of the world is. At least of late.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I will let esteemed Loungers have their say, maybe there is something I missed about the jacket, @tmitchell59 ?

This jacket? It doesn't appeal to me, nothing significant I can see. 50s horsehide with big collar

The high price is more a reflection of ignorance more than knowledge.

1658176827290.png

Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
Is this anything?

Schott cross zip with removable collar. Seems cheap?

bien

One of the Regulars
China made.
always thought schott leather jackets are made in usa or their uk branch. i didnt know some are china made. one i have bought probably is made in china. tried to sell it right away as i didn't like the leather. explains why nobody wants to buy it, lol

ojaw

A-List Customer
always thought schott leather jackets are made in usa or their uk branch. i didnt know some are china made. one i have bought probably is made in china. tried to sell it right away as i didn't like the leather. explains why nobody wants to buy it, lol
Doesn’t it say on the jacket where it’s made?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy