Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

JMax is tempted. Aero

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3345364354...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

0EEFBBA1-220F-47EF-A036-6F5EE239FB06.jpeg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first jacket purchase in over a year and I have sold 4 or 5 vintage jackets. I do not know I all ready have two Cal racers. I moving to a ranch just outside of Grass Valley CA next week. Once I get settled in I am considering put a couple of jackets on TFL
I ended up returning this jacket, the seller accepts returns, primarily because the sleeves were too short. The hide was a bit of disappointment.
I did a comparison with a similar cut Cal racer here in a Cal tread https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/cal-leather.89250/page-12

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a cream one in better condition that I can not find a buyer for on eBay at $795 and here I believe it is $750 tagged size 40. This puppy is slightly larger I would guess it was a tagged size 42

I get the principality of it. I tend to underprice my sales so it is a bit of a turn off. But this is not too crazy a bump in price. There is an offer option and eBay fees are stupid. Seller isn’t making out like a bandit.

$550 is a really nice price.

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
I get the principality of it. I tend to underprice my sales so it is a bit of a turn off. But this is not too crazy a bump in price. There is an offer option and eBay fees are stupid. Seller isn’t making out like a bandit.

$550 is a really nice price.
I agree. The fees suck so a minor increase is understandable to try to make your initial investment back. If you look it up you can see all my original measurements on the classifieds.

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
I agree. The fees suck so a minor increase is understandable to try to make your initial investment back. If you look it up you can see all my original measurements on the classifieds.
Just for clarity, I had to do a deep-dive into my eBay account past 90 days. They offered $550. I countered and accepted at $600. They just threw it up on classifieds for $599 but only through eBay.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I instantly DM’d them for the price: asking $1200 + shipping. o_O
If think I would go as high as $850 (if it were my size).

Condition looks to be like new. A new jacket from a repro maker easily costs $1k+ nowadays, so why not pay a similar price for an exceptionally nice vintage piece like this that will probably hold its value better than a repro?

$850 would be eBay price though, not fleamarket price :). In any case, $1200 is insane for a halfbelt.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ