Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Trickster

New in Town
I don't know how much of a "Deal" it is, too much $ for me to drop on a far too similar jacket to one that I already have.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I wouldn't pay more than a $100 for that jacket. That suede is delicate, very. They usually rip at the seams and specially the side cinchs. Also the collar is damaged.
This is good to know. I know that suede is way more delicate than leather. I was wondering it this might be rough out and was perhaps more sturdy. It doesn't look to have any issues but as you mention----that soft suede can rip at the stress points. Usually its the seams themselves that fail. But I could see very delicate old suede being weaker than the threads stitching it and failing. Something that I did not initially consider.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Cat eye, 20" ptp

@handymike ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4038832210...w9G3PEsR_G&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

09522942-5691-4D01-AD01-3DF767949A9E.jpeg

willyto

One Too Many
This is good to know. I know that suede is way more delicate than leather. I was wondering it this might be rough out and was perhaps more sturdy. It doesn't look to have any issues but as you mention----that soft suede can rip at the stress points. Usually its the seams themselves that fail. But I could see very delicate old suede being weaker than the threads stitching it and failing. Something that I did not initially consider.
Just to show what happens with this kind of suede. They’re usually the washable ones.

They are 2 different american jackets.
2A2C29C5-3E8C-4426-A45E-1F03CCB0CD90.jpeg
88B8C18F-CDC4-422D-B634-D04875472286.jpeg
C436D309-8F51-4AC2-A2A6-925FE914106F.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I had a similar jacket in horsehide with the "elephant" ear pockets. This one is very clean for a 50s suede. I'm always tempted by suede. I like the older one posted above too.

Fall is the season for suede.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950084885...uid=qwq2X50PT7y&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

View attachment 450869 View attachment 450870 View attachment 450871
Whenever I see those "Elephant Ears" I tend to think the jacket is European or Canadian. This is a good example of an American jacket with the Elephant Ears.

I like suede.......but its like wearing white......... I am always living in fear when I wear it especially when going out for dinner. I have so many white items with ONE SPEC of this or that staining them. It just ruins these things for me. I have a cream colored Silton Suede Shirt that is mint condition but even the natural oil from my fingers sorta marked it up.

This is a pristine suede jacket. More power to you @tmitchell59 if you can pull these off and keep em lookin pretty!!!!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Whenever I see those "Elephant Ears" I tend to think the jacket is European or Canadian. This is a good example of an American jacket with the Elephant Ears.

I like suede.......but its like wearing white......... I am always living in fear when I wear it especially when going out for dinner. I have so many white items with ONE SPEC of this or that staining them. It just ruins these things for me. I have a cream colored Silton Suede Shirt that is mint condition but even the natural oil from my fingers sorta marked it up.

This is a pristine suede jacket. More power to you @tmitchell59 if you can pull these off and keep em lookin pretty!!!!

I've have a suede collection that I don't wear much. Yes, I'm always very careful.

I'm often surprised how well some have them held up.

Windward Elephant ears in Steerhide

1663096570193.jpeg
1663096591137.jpeg

ojaw

A-List Customer

I don't even bother trying to keep my suede trucker clean, gives it some gravitas (actually, gravity, because dirt weighs m'kay?).

willyto

One Too Many

Jasonissm

Practically Family
A little high priced, but somewhat rare larger size 44 on this deerskin Freewheelers La Brea

i-img900x1200-16598889635uc28f667841.jpg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I've have a suede collection that I don't wear much. Yes, I'm always very careful.

I'm often surprised how well some have them held up.

Windward Elephant ears in Steerhide

View attachment 450893 View attachment 450894
This one looks awesome!!!! That hide really ages well.......... the color breakdown is perfect!!!

I picked up this old jacket out of Vermont......... High likelihood its Canadian because of how close the Seller is to the border. Its still in the mail as we speak. It was sort of an impulse grab. I didn't get any measurements and only one photo --- but its an old jacket for sure and maybe someone else will like it if it doesn't work out for me. I looked at the liner, and what could be seen of the cuffs and it seems to be WWII era. Probably has a Lightning Main Zip.........It has the pocket "ears" though not the elephant shaped ones. No idea on if the label is legible.

1663109935890.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko